Omg chicken skin !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg chicken skin !!!!

After years of CW and articles adverts etc etc saying take that SKIN off the chicken I had it tonight at dinner...and it was LUSH!!!

Sorry just felt like sharing!!!

and another good thing is ive got a friend converted!!!

Grok on!!!!

Dee x

oh yes, one of my favorite rediscoveries.

Comment

My family fights over the skin when we bake a whole chicken. To think that some people throw this out is pretty ridiculous to me. They don't know what they're missing.

Comment

One of my pet hates is skinless chicken breast. Give me the legs complete with skin any time!

Comment

I buy those broiled whole deli chicken and wonder how bad it is to eat the skin
          since the ingredients says corn syrup and other marinates. Is it that much to
          worry about???

Comment

Yep, our family fights over it too. I give most of mine to my growing girls. They need the fat for their little growing bodies!
            SW: 235
            CW:220
            Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
            Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
            Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
            Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Originally posted by Keithallenlaw View Post
              I buy those broiled whole deli chicken and wonder how bad it is to eat the skin
              since the ingredients says corn syrup and other marinates. Is it that much to
              worry about???
              If it says corn syrup I wouldn't touch it. I always roast chicken myself. I've learnt not to trust any other way

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsey View Post
                If it says corn syrup I wouldn't touch it. I always roast chicken myself. I've learnt not to trust any other way
                What if I pulled the skin? Is the sugary marinate getting pat the skin?
                They do have some that are lemon pepper, but sell out during my lunch
                break, and I'm stuck with the corn syrup glazed one's.

Comment

I'm sorry that may have sounded a little abrupt as you may not have an oven. If I was to buy roasted chicken then it would have to be the most natural way -in its own skin.

I must ask does broiled mean roasted? (as in cooked in the oven)

Comment

Shamed to say, but it's the wal-mart ones. I do have an oven at home and one of those
                    hot air cookers. I suppose I could just cook it the night before and eat it cold at work the
                    next day. I won't go near a microwave. They should ban those contraptions. I came undone
                    at a guy at work because he moved my fish oil bottle off the shelf and placed it on top the
                    microwave. I mean really pissed.

Thanks for advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithallenlaw View Post
                      What if I pulled the skin? Is the sugary marinate getting pat the skin?
                      They do have some that are lemon pepper, but sell out during my lunch
                      break, and I'm stuck with the corn syrup glazed one's.
                      I wouldn't think so. I think the skin would hold the crap that was on the skin but it's a great shame you can't eat it! Maybe there isn't that much corn syrup in it but I don't know as I don't live in the US and I'm not sure about what regulations you have.

Comment

I hear you! My microwave is for heating drinks and defrosting only!

Comment

I used to give my mom such a hard time for broiling the chicken skin (by itself) to make it crispy and then eating it. That was in my "kitchen cop" teen years. Now I'm ALL about the crispy chicken skin.
                          http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Chicken skin crispy is right up there with bacon!! Nothing but love.
                            ~*Lori*~
                            my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
                            my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
                            CW 192

Comment

Originally posted by momofredheads View Post
                              Chicken skin crispy is right up there with bacon!! Nothing but love.
                              Thank you all !
                              Another thing I've found is I used to hate eating bacon on a plate but loved it in a sandwich!! Now I love bacon on a plate and have forgotten what a sandwich tastes like as Ive no desire to eat bread any more!

love Dee x

Comment

Working...
                              X