Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to laugh when I saw this. . .

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/healt...eight-2442968/

That's actually quite impressive. If I were to write an article from the perspective of giving the complete opposite of what the truth was in almost every line, it would be that article right there.
    The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
    Blog
    sigpic

Comment

It's frightening to think how many people will read this and believe it and then adapt their diets to be more in line with this awful advice. The power of the press...

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
        That's actually quite impressive. If I were to write an article from the perspective of giving the complete opposite of what the truth was in almost every line, it would be that article right there.
        Haha well said!
        "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
          +2! I feel like I've wandered into some alternate reality...
          The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Totally

Well i dont know about you guys, but im convinced.
            Especially the bit about carbs controlling blood sugar and diebetes. Makes so much sense.

Comment

@Linsben - the article says that resistant starches do that. Resistant starches are a class of dietary fiber, and the way it does that is by delaying the digestion of other foods. Hence, you feel full (slightly) longer, and sugars take more time to get to your gut where they can be absorbed, which means that the food you just ate has a lower effect on blood sugar. But I'd rather avoid high glycemic-index foods than eat them and then supplement with loads of fiber.

EDIT: unless you're being sarcastic, but you haven't posted enough for me to figure that out.
              Last edited by AndreaReina; 01-27-2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Ya that was sarcasm.

"Instead of eating white rice, switch to brown and combine it with beans, corn, or other high Resistant Starch foods that keep your blood sugar more balanced than low-carb diets"

I wouldnt eat any of that and i think my blood sugar is balanced just fine without it.

Comment

Is this a parody?
                  Rusa

Comment

This is murder

"Carbs control blood sugar and diabetes
                    The right mix of carbs is the best way to control blood sugar and keep diabetes at bay. In one study at the Beltsville Human Nutrition Center at the USDA, participants who consumed a diet rich in high Resistant Starch foods were able to lower their post-meal blood sugar and insulin response by up to 38%."
                    Brad

late onset type1 diabetic 4-27-10 @ age 30

Comment

By eating that way, my husband's uncle who is a type 2 diabetic, had a massive heart attack. He's part of the 1% club that's still alive and his heart is basically ran off of a battery pack. Guess what? The uncle still eats this way because his cardiologist and endocrinologist both say its the healthiest way to go. My husband, also a type 2 diabetic is about 75% primal and his numbers and overall health are better and he is losing fat. The uncle asked him what he was doing to lose weight and he explained it to him and the uncle looked at my husband and said "you're going to have that heart attack and die from it because of all the animal fats you ingest". Love the CW logic that is just floating around out there. My husband tried to discuss points with his uncle on this but the uncle wouldn't take it. Personally, I would rather be 6' under or eating a big, juicy med rare steak cooked in bacon fat than being hooked up to a battery to keep my ass alive.
                      Georgette

Comment

This is funny and terrible at the same time. I especially like reason #8 "Carbs make you feel good about you!" HA!
                        My Primal Journal

Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone.

Comment

I actually came on here to post about this, as my boyfriend just called me on his way home from work to tell me that carbs are healthy (he is NOT primal or lower carb). Of course there are "hundreds of studies", yet they do not list a single one, nor do they name a single researcher, or one of the centers of the "multi-center studies".
                          The article was brought to you by health.com, who states on their website, in very fine print "The material in this site is intended to be of general informational use and is not intended to constitute medical advice, probable diagnosis, or recommended treatments." sad.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
                            I actually came on here to post about this, as my boyfriend just called me on his way home from work to tell me that carbs are healthy (he is NOT primal or lower carb). Of course there are "hundreds of studies", yet they do not list a single one, nor do they name a single researcher, or one of the centers of the "multi-center studies".
                            The article was brought to you by health.com, who states on their website, in very fine print "The material in this site is intended to be of general informational use and is not intended to constitute medical advice, probable diagnosis, or recommended treatments." sad.
                            Ditch the boyfriend. Clearly he doesn't eat enough steak.
                            The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                            Blog
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X