Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brussel Sprouts or How to get a seat alone on the bus...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brussel Sprouts or How to get a seat alone on the bus...

I have been more or less free of GI issues so far but yesterday I ate a nice plate of steamed brussel sprouts and...well, help me jeebus!

I am farting at a rate of approximately once every 2-5 minutes and these are award winners.

WTF is happening here? Broccoli and cauliflower are fine, same with asparagus but these things are pretty much tiny bum bombs. Dietary terrorists.

PS: I love them, but they hate me.

hahaha!! thanks for making lol!!!
    Not sure exactly why you had this reaction, but it's probably not a cause for concern.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

Originally posted by MariaNYC View Post
      hahaha!! thanks for making lol!!!
      Not sure exactly why you had this reaction, but it's probably not a cause for concern.
      You're not the one who has sit beside me on the bus home!

Comment

This is why we like our ONLINE acquaintances
        MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

I ate a nice plate of steamed brussel sprouts
          Geez, how big was the plate?
          Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

I am the same way. I love brussel sprouts but had to eliminate them from my diet -- if that isn't the definition of "gut irritant" than I don't know what is!
            ad astra per aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
              Geez, how big was the plate?
              Apparently too big. About 15-20 of the little suckers. Sigh, I wonder if there is a way to prepare them to avoid this. Fortunately I am single but my poor cat is a hostage to this episode and actually got up from my lap last night, gave me the funniest look I've ever seen from a cat, and got as far away from me as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by yestolife View Post
                apparently too big. About 15-20 of the little suckers. Sigh, i wonder if there is a way to prepare them to avoid this. Fortunately i am single but my poor cat is a hostage to this episode and actually got up from my lap last night, gave me the funniest look i've ever seen from a cat, and got as far away from me as possible.
                rotflmao!

Comment

There's a reason why they're called fart balls.

When I was in Britain a comedian called them that and I had to laugh, even though I love them.
                  "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

i eat them all the time and have never had this happen!
                    who knew!
                    journal

Comment

Trying not to LOL at work! I ate them last night - but only about 6 of them. I roasted brussels sprouts and cubes of butternut squash to go with roasted chicken dinner. And had a salad as well. I think you just over did it - (duh!) LOL!!!
                      Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Comment

Originally posted by HillsideGina View Post
                        Trying not to LOL at work! I ate them last night - but only about 6 of them. I roasted brussels sprouts and cubes of butternut squash to go with roasted chicken dinner. And had a salad as well. I think you just over did it - (duh!) LOL!!!
                        Ya think? LOL

Now I'm off to pound down 8 onions.

Comment

Never have had that happen. Usually roast them.
                          Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

There's a trick that can lessen the impact.

Parboil the brussel sprouts for 3-4 mins, tip the water away, and then cook them however you usually would. The water seems to take away whatever chemical is causing the problem (though, of course, the water might be taking away lots of good stuff too...)
                            Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                            Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Is it a very bad thing that I suddenly want brussels sprouts?

Comment

Working...
                              X