Hilarious description of the "caveman diet"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious description of the "caveman diet"

"unbiased reviews of fad diets" from Healthline.net - does this sound ANYTHING at all like what we all are doing? I have been doing this for a year and have read a lot of stuff on Paleo eating, yet have no idea where the good doctor got this from. Her butt, perhaps?

http://www.healthline.com/health/caveman-diet
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

what bullshit. I don't cook my meat over an open flame.

Comment

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh yeah, I water fast everyday and eat only once at night..........I believe this is called The Warrior Diet
      My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

The yellow press. The only people who believe this crap are the same ones that read people and need drama.
        Calorie Counter

Comment

thoroughly enjoy your food by eating with your hands and taking time to savor a meal.
          On the other hand, the diet entirely excludes the base of the food pyramid—starches—as well as dairy products in a higher tier
          Any diet that eliminates entire foods groups (grains and dairy in this case) is running a strong risk of being unbalanced and low in certain important nutrients.
          Certain important nutrients? Like what? This is another biased review that doesn't have any sort of scientific evidence to back up this claim, especially the quip about "important nutrients." I love savoring every morsel, and I've eaten with my hands. I'd rather run amok chasing dinner then sitting on a gold chair eating with tweezers while mother talks about her day.

Comment

The most totally bizarre parts are where she praises the emphasis on raw fruits and nuts and drinking tons of water. The "stages" thing and eating of pizza for two weeks seems like it was totally made up to satisfy the basic design of an actual fad diet. The fact that Paleo is not an actual weight loss plan, per se, seems to have gotten lost somewhere a bit too. I just thought it would be entertaining to all ofyou.

WTF on a stick!
            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Oh, and yesterday I ran my day's diet through fitday - I had 2 - 6 times the RDA of just about everything and was deficient in nothing.

edit: If I actually did fast all day then eat a huge meal of burgers and pizza for dinner, I probably would be "deficient in certain important nutrients"

Comment

As funny as it sounds, it's sad because people who really want to try this way of eating will read this stupid review and be discouraged to try it.

Comment

????!!!!

This reminds me of the time I did a book report and class presentation on "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" and didn't ever even read the book.
                  HAHA.
                  "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by BeagleMan View Post
                    what bullshit. I don't cook my meat over an open flame.
                    Why not? It's darn tasty that way.
                    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

'One main downfall of the diet is its focus on foods only found by humans 500,000 years ago. A lot has happened since then.'

My favourite.
                      The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                      Blog
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                        The most totally bizarre parts are where she praises the emphasis on raw fruits and nuts and drinking tons of water. The "stages" thing and eating of pizza for two weeks seems like it was totally made up to satisfy the basic design of an actual fad diet. The fact that Paleo is not an actual weight loss plan, per se, seems to have gotten lost somewhere a bit too. I just thought it would be entertaining to all ofyou.

WTF on a stick!
                        But it's not the "cave-man" diet, it's the Cavéman diet, named after the uncredited French guy who invented it and who is imaginary. This was implied in the article, as the French love pizza.
                        Check out my blog here.

Comment

brb off to eat "burgers fries whatever"
                          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Yeah...I'd stay far away from whatever "paleo diet" this author was reviewing...
                            thoroughly enjoy your food by eating with your hands
                            My coworkers would probably go from being jealous of my homemade big-ass salads to trying to have me committed.

And seriously, what's up with those crazy stages? Who made this crap up?
                            For the first two weeks, you wake up and drink a large glass of water. Throughout the day, you “graze” on fresh fruits and unsalted nuts. At the end of the day, you have one big meal where you eat whatever you want—burgers, fries, pizza, etc.
                            This kind of stuff mainly bothers me because Paleo/Primal eating is on the fringe already, so it is hard to convince people it isn't a crazy fad diet (or at least no crazier than the current RDAs). Having this stuff out there makes it seem far, far crazier than it actually is.
                            The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Originally posted by theholla View Post
                              ...snip...This kind of stuff mainly bothers me because Paleo/Primal eating is on the fringe already, so it is hard to convince people it isn't a crazy fad diet (or at least no crazier than the current RDAs). Having this stuff out there makes it seem far, far crazier than it actually is.
                              I'm a newb to this but I've already gotten reactions of absolute shock when I've told people that I'm getting 60-70% of my calories per day from fat. It's like they expect me to fall over of a heart attack right before their eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X