No announcement yet.

SURVIVAL WEEK- Sept 21-25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I also wanted to mention that I tried a new class at my gym this morning: Trekking. Basically it's walking/running whichever you chose at different inclines for a hour. It's as close to hiking that you can get indoors. I loved it!

Comment

recipe is at FlyNavyWife's real blog: joyfulabode.com

Hannahc - thanks for this link! What a great resource.

Comment

MandyGirl, nice work avoiding all the temptation last night! So hard!!

Today is another carnivore day. So far I haven't eaten, other than cheating by licking Kylie's yogurt spoon. Planning to have some sausage and maybe eggs when I do get hungry. Don't know yet about lunch and dinner, but headed to Costco today so that will probably have some impact.

Getting a new dishwasher today, hurray!!!

Comment

Yay for new appliances!

Yesterday was an 'easement' back into actually eating after practically 'fasting' for 40 hrs.

I had a Vanilla Protein Spinach Shake with OCO, some small bites of Pemmican and a couple of Canadian bacon pieces. At home, I had a bite or two of the new bread I made and then had a few bites of an orange.

I still wasn't that hungry, so I let my family eat up the Primal pizza that I made for them and I wasn't even tempted to eat any.

Breakfast this morning was about 6 thick nitrate-free bacon strips (from "Grassland Beef" - Yum!) and two nearly hard-boiled eggs (microwaving eggs at work is difficult, to say the least).

My fridge has the following to choose from for lunch today:

String Cheese

Nitrate-Free Bologna (Grassland Beef)

Canadian Bacon

Pemmican

Braunschweiger (beef, instead of pork, & liver in a bologna-log style)

Mostly fat and meat. :-D

Comment

TGIF!

Wendy, my niece's name is Kylee (spelled with the double e). Great name!

I had eggs, bacon, and coconut oil for breakfast. Then I went to the dentist and had a crown done. My jaw hurts so bad. They put this thingy over my mouth so I had to keep my mouth open for 2 hours and couldn't even relax it when the dentist wasn't in my mouth. Took 3 advil hopefully they kick in soon.

Don't know what else I'm eating today because I'm in pain :-(

Comment

Oh, DCKMB, you had a "Rubber Dam" placed over your mouth. I had to practice punching holes in those things for days. The scary part are the nice little clamps that chomp down on your surrounding teeth!

Not fun for the patient, but I do miss Dental Assisting. I'm weird, I know, but some people enjoy strange jobs like shoving their hands into total strangers' mouths! ;-)

Comment

YES! A rubber dam is what it was. What a torture device! He showed me pictures after and I could see the metal clamps chomping down. He also had to give me 3 novacaine shots to get it numb. But, hey, at least it's done. It was the last of my silver fillings that was decayed underneath pretty bad so now it's lovely porcelain.

I know what you're saying about missing the dental assisting though. I used to be a manicurist and sometimes I miss that just because it was a mindless job and I created my own schedule.

Comment

Goof for you girl! My cousin married a dental assistant (now Hygienist) and when I advise my family to get rid of the metal, she waived her hand at me in dismissal and overrode me with "Oh, amalgams are just fine".

I wanted to smack her! Heavy metals, such as Mercury, released into your bloodstream with EVERY bite is NOT fine!

(Getting off of soapbox)....

Comment

When I woke up this morning, I thought "Let's try black coffee this morning so I can gear up for my IF next week." Well, I ended up IFing until 5pm today. About 21 hours. Without any trouble, unlike my first IF. That one was a doozy! But htis time, I just coasted. Felt great. Did my stronglifts even.

Opened my fast with some salmon patties topped with a fried egg and pancetta. Then visited some girlfriends and had one too many beers, which lead to chocolate. Oopes. But here I am still alive. Going to bed now. Gonna poop tomorrow though!

Comment

MamaSofi - That's awesome. I can't wait to have a spontaneous IF day last night. If you coasted through, it's almost as if your body just wanted it!

I managed to avoid a ton of junk food yesterday that I wouldn't have done in the past yet again, yay!!

B - 2 eggs, 2 pieces of chicken sausage

L - Salad and home made chicken soup

S - handful of pumpkin seeds

D - was on the road as I had to leave for the beach right after work - managed with beef jerky and some veggies and a few strawberries, glass of red wine at the beach

S - was sooo hungry when I got home late last night so I cooked up some eggs and had a small salad

Carbs - 57 - not as good as I have been but could have been worse!!

I'm going to try to continue this through next Friday as that's when I have to leave for my camping trip

Comment

Hi y'all!

I found you too late this week to do this challenge - is anyone doing it next week? Also, what does "going carnivore" mean? Is it as simple as just "all meat/fowl/eggs"? Any suggestions for a newbie?

Thanks...

Comment

hey kebekgirl- we usually do a formal thread for survival week every other week so our next one will be the week of Oct 5. Carnivore means meat/fowl/eggs only. My only suggestion is just listen to your body. If you are IF'ing or doing carnivore, stop doing it if you start feeling gross. I love survival weeks because they have really gotten me to listen and be more in tune with myself.

Ended up with 35 carbs yesterday.

Everyone have a great weekend and thanks for this week! Everyone did fabulous!!

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to update on DH. He did terrific this week! He lost 2 pounds (he's trying to get rid of a little fluff around his middle). 145 is his goal and he hit 147 this morning. I am afraid he may overeat today though since survival week is over. But I warned him and said he will feel like crap since his system is clean now. We'll see what happens...

Comment

Yesterday I had a leftover burger patty with cheese (not so carnivore) for lunch then spaghetti squash with homemade lamb spaghetti sauce. Um, again, not so carnivore. But, low carbs for the day. Did have a glass of wine, too.

This morning, I had hit 10 pounds total loss since starting about six weeks ago!! Yay!!!

Comment

Yesterday I devoured the better portion of a rotisserie chicken. I was at whole foods and ate it after a 22ish hour fast. In the cafe people were probably eating their little sugar scones and looking at me funny. Wasn't hungry at all untill 20 hours later! Oops.. two fasts back to back!

Comment

Working...
                                X