No announcement yet.

SURVIVAL WEEK- Sept 21-25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 3 pork sausages today, some eggs, a chicken leg.

Water.

No cravings.

Comment

Okay, so this is my 2nd carnivore day in a row and I don't really like the way I feel. Physically, I felt kinda shaky and antsy (esp while I skipped breakfast today). I did crave fruit and drank a lot of tea and was thirsty a lot for water. It was hard to cut up pineapple for the girls, but I didn't take a bite! I also just feel oily and just plain gross from so much fat and meat. Maybe I don't really need that much? I think my future meat days will be better b/c this has been a learning process for me.

B: IF

L: half a rotisserie chicken (white & dark meat)

S: a can of coconut cream (WTF?!?!)

D: 9 coconut shrimp (which had almond flour as well)

WO: sprints

And okay, I had a bite of the cauliflower I made for the family. My youngest toddler daughter also shoved a cheesy primal cracker in my mouth and 2 macadamia nuts.

I really shouldn't have eaten an entire can of coconut cream. I just needed SOMETHING besides meat and since I was allowing myself coconut products, well, I chugged a can of coconut cream. The girls did help me though, but still. Jesus. An ENTIRE can?!? It surely did the trick though!

Tomorrow is my first IF day. I hope I survive.

Comment

You will, Dear. But if you really start feeling bad you can totally end the IF. Promise?

Comment

Oh yeah, if I can't take it, I will end it, but I am pretty stubborn and will make it.

Oh and I calculated my nutrients on Daily Plate today: almost 2000 cals (thanks to that can of coconut cream!), 27g carbs, 87g protein, 181g fat. I really wish I hadn't eaten that coconut cream...

Comment

I think there are a lot of worse things you could have eaten ;-) Remember how we used to eat???

YIKES.

Comment

Yesterday was just as planned. I couldn't skip lunch, I was SO hungry all day. I was able to refrain from snacking though. I don't know how I can ever IF.

Day 3!

Breakfast- 3 eggs, 3 turkey sausage links

Lunch- tuna with mayo, bacon, on a bed of cucumbers and tomatoes

Dinner- sirloin steak with a caesar salad

15 Grams of carbs

Workout- 45 minutes of hiking or some other cardio if it rains.

Comment

Okay today is:

B: I had a tablespoon of almond butter at home, but wasn't hungry for my hanger steak and eggs (I know, weird right?) so I brought 3 hb eggs and 8oz of hanger steak for a later breakfast when I get hungry.

L: Bison meatloaf, this time with a pat of butter on top (I had way too much protein and not enough fat yesterday, trying to up the fat %)

D: Not sure yet. Maybe a salad with the hubby, maybe leftovers at home. Depends on if/when he has to work.

WO: 45 minutes walking, and that might be it. Still sore from rock climbing! Actually I'm more sore today than I was yesterday. I'm totally doing more rock climing, maybe once per week

You are what you eat,
                and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

rock climbing sounds so fun!

DH did really well yesterday- ended up with 30 carbs. He ate an entire bag of pork rinds though- he is a carby evening snacker so I think he's going through his snack withdrawals now.

Today I've got eggs, canadian bacon, coconut oil, apple, hamburger wrapped in lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, avocado (there will be alot of this the next couple of days cuz I made a huge batch of hamburgers), more of the same for dinner. Will post carb count later.

Some kind of hike after work.

The weather has been SO beautiful this week!

Comment

Today, IF, IF, IF... Trying to make it to 24 hours at 7 p.m. I think I can, I think I can. Really hard not to eat, though, b/c I have pork roast in the crock pot and green beans with bacon on the stovetop. This is my first big fast, and most of the day was easier than I thought because of keeping busy (except for an early headache). These last couple of hours are HARD!

Comment

Just under an hour to go, Wendy. You can do it!

Ended up with 39 carbs today. Changed my food up a bit- ended up going to Red Robin and had a cobb salad and then the hamburger stuff for dinner. Was totally not hungry at all today. I SO love that feeling.

Blew off my hike cuz, well, I just didn't wanna :-p

Comment

Okay gotta go to bed, but here's the rest of my day:

B&L as planned

D: Currito, it's a burrito place, where we had salads. Just some romaine, topped with steak, guacamole, and pico de gallo for me (hubby added some jack cheese), oh and some cucumbers. Then one more tablespoon of almond butter an hour or so later.

Walked as planned, will go to the gym for lifting tomorrow!

Total carbs: 20. not bad

You are what you eat,

Comment

I did it! Made it through my first 24 hr fast. It killed me, it was so hard. I woke up with a headache and didn't have coffee so that made it worse. Felt like vomiting. Then had some black tea and that helped. Around 2pm, I felt much better. Broke the fast, thought I had control and then LOST IT. I ate 2 apples, egglplant parm (twice as much as DH ate), handful of macadamia nuts, and dark chocolates (yes, that was a plural after chocolatessssss). I'm not counting it, but it's pretty typical of me to eat nuts and chocolate before bed on a usual night. I just didn't have any self control. My head still hurts. Now I am officially done gorging. I broke the challenge rules: no nuts and no chocolate - nope didn't stick with that one tonight - but I will do better tomorrow!

I couldn't have made it through my first IF without Wendy! Thanks Wendy! You were great support!

Comment

don't beat yourself up...you will do better next time how bout next time just trying a little IF?

xoox Darlene

Comment

Today was a really easy day today. I had a great amount of energy. I fell asleep at about 9:30 after I had gone to CrossFit and here I am at 4am wide awake...been up since 1, ugh.

B - IF

L - Big salad with turkey, 1 hard boiled egg and a ton of veggies

S - Broc and Cauliflower with a few walnuts

D - Small piece of veal and then eggs with chicken sausage.

S - Tuna

My lowest carb day yet at 26g

I find the best way to come off an IF and not want to eat everything in sight is to really fill up on water before having my meal. That way I have my big salad and feel soooo full.

Comment

Sofia great job with the 24 hour fast, I haven't done one that long yet! I think about 18 or 20 is all I've done. Today should be okay, here's the plan:

B: 3 eggs cooked in bacon grease, 3 pieces bacon, 1 tablespoon almond butter

L: Work lunch, I was able to order a bread-less sub! So meat and veggies (kinda like a salad I guess, I've never ordered from this place before so I dunno what it'll look like).

D: Tilapia cooked in coconut oil with mango salsa (easy on the salsa for me, it's mostly for hubby)

WO: Lifting today! It will be my first official day back in the gym for 3 months, it will be nice to have heavier weights to work out with. I plan on doing a full body circuit, 20-30 mins, and then being done (and sore tomorrow

Hopefully I'll have time to knit today too, I didn't get to at all yesterday! Gotta practice, I have another niece on the way and I want to make her a blanket

You are what you eat,

Comment

Working...
                                X