No announcement yet.

Purchasing 1/4 Cow - All Ground Beef?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tell the butcher not to waste anything, and turn whatever he can into ground meat. Any butcher worth this pay will do that and get you the most meat possible out of your cow.

I think what prairiedog was saying was, you can sell the better cuts for more than $2.75/lb. Hell, some of those cuts go for as much as $14/lb then turn around and buy yourself some more cheap meat.

Comment

Why not just get the cuts, and make your own ground beef out of sirloin, or round steaks etc.

Comment

Just received our 1/4 grass fed beef and it contained 30 lbs of ground beef, steaks, stew meat, roasts, I say celebrate the multitude of different cuts rather than taking the easy way out with ground beef.
        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Originally posted by Mainer View Post
          Just received our 1/4 grass fed beef and it contained 30 lbs of ground beef, steaks, stew meat, roasts, I say celebrate the multitude of different cuts rather than taking the easy way out with ground beef.
          This just made me remember about the fact that we had a calf this past time. We got about 20 lbs. of ground beef and less of the other stuff then we did the first time around. I have decided to go the normal route so I can enjoy the roasts and steaks! For the past 2 times I have made the stew meat into just ground beef but I am going to enjoy the stew meat for some stew this time around!
          Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Woah $2.75 a pound. Sounds like a great deal, especially if its grass-fed.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
              This just made me remember about the fact that we had a calf this past time. We got about 20 lbs. of ground beef and less of the other stuff then we did the first time around. I have decided to go the normal route so I can enjoy the roasts and steaks! For the past 2 times I have made the stew meat into just ground beef but I am going to enjoy the stew meat for some stew this time around!
              Great choice, enjoy!

I just enjoyed a beef stew today, ribeye on saturday, and roast on sunday, I am lovin' life right now..........
              You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Working...
              X