Crystal Light & Diet Dr. Pepper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Light & Diet Dr. Pepper

I know that in the perfect world it would be water but I am following the PB lifestyle other than the occasional Crystal Light or Diet Dr. Pepper. How bad is the artificial sweetners? Everything else I am doing is clean. Thanks!

Bad. Pretty darn bad, in fact.

Edit: how about some tea?

Comment

Eh, I've never given up the occasional diet soda (and I, gasp, use Splenda at least once a day), and I see no evidence that it's hurt me any. Actually I lost all my extra weight as a non-Primal low-carber with plenty of diet soda. For me that's part of my 20%.

Comment

The argument is of course is that its not natural. For me, having these causes major sweet cravings, although today I was craving sweet so I have a crystal lite on the go. It was either that or I might have started scavenging for something sweet.
        SW: 235
        CW:220
        Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
        Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
        Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
        Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieProf View Post
          Eh, I've never given up the occasional diet soda (and I, gasp, use Splenda at least once a day), and I see no evidence that it's hurt me any. Actually I lost all my extra weight as a non-Primal low-carber with plenty of diet soda. For me that's part of my 20%.
          Weight is one thing, but alzheimer's is another.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
            Weight is one thing, but alzheimer's is another.
            Nah, Alzheimer's is all part of the 20%---- Wait, what were we talking about? Who are you?
            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Google aspartame and neuropathy, read about it, and then make up your mind. A friend of mine drank lots of that stuff for years before that link came to light. She went through years of pain with her feet for which there was no medical explanation. She has no feeling in her feet anymore and terrible pain in her ankles.

Comment

bad. if you must drink something have tea with stevia or even honey. or sparkling water with lemon juice. aspartame is really really really bad for you.

Comment

My doctor says the sweet taste on the tongue triggers the body to release insulin. Regardless of whether the source is "real", ie sugar, fruit, carbs or artificial from aspartame, sugar alcohols, saccharine. This rush is bad for your body and causes samage over time.

Comment

Working...
                  X