No announcement yet.

Deer Antler Velvet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS- if you want those kind of benefits without risking imbalance or having to bother learning TCM theory, tongue/pulse diagnosis, learn qigong (esp. medical qigong!)
    http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Deer antler can be had for like $30 a bottle. I keep reading about all these folks paying $70 or $100.

Check it out, you can get it on amazon cheaper than that: Amazon.com: Deer Antler Velvet Spray, Highest Quality, for Joint and Muscle Pain Relief, 2 oz bottle: Health & Personal Care

Deer Antler Velvet Spray, Highest Quality, for Joint and Muscle Pain Relief, 2 oz bottle

Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
      Deer antler velvet is a classic Chinese medicine ingredient. For a good description of its benefits, read this:
      Amazon.com: Deer Antler Velvet Spray, Highest Quality, for Joint and Muscle Pain Relief, 2 oz bottle: Health & Personal Care

PS- any time you see the "kidneys" talked about in Chinese medicine, it indicates an effect on the hormonal and endocrine systems (which is why libido is one of the things antler velvet is used to treat).

I did use antler velvet years ago (Planetary Formulas brand) for about 3 months, to heal my gut lining. It's very good for this. An unexpected side effect was much better muscle tone. My arms looked buff and I wasn't working out! So, it would seem that some of the claims do bear out
      Some people could experience side effects from it, if they tend to run hot, temp-wise. It's a very "yang"/hot herb (great for us cold folks!) but not something that should be overused.

Comment

My hubby uses it and loves it. He likes the pine pollen too. Something about taking them together. Deer velvet has a very very long history.

Comment

Not quite the same but I feed this to my elderly dog. She had a torn acl I think it was in he knee and the vet told me she would need surgery. Well I don't have $3,000+ dollars so I ordered some from Bonus Velvet Antler and within 4 days she could go up and down stairs again. It was amazing. Reading all of this I am thinking about getting my DH some.

Comment

My local CrossFit was pushing this a while ago. I actually submitted it to a question for Mark for the daily questions. He never answered At the time since it was a CrossFit initiative I dismissed it because everything related to xfit just seems to be a money making scheme ($30 Rogue wrist wraps...) but maybe there is something to this?

Comment

My cousin is a producer and swears by this stuff. He makes both a human and canine version under the brand name Caneva (in Canada). Mostly sold for joint issues and bone regrowth support in osteoporosis.

CanEVA - Home

I haven't tried it, so can't comment on the effectiveness, but I have met the elk and seen his operation. It is a renewable resource (elk grow and shed antlers annually and are not harmed by the farmers removing the antlers from them while in a young, velvet-covered stage). It is totally natural - they live in beautiful woodlands and pastures, are only fed haybales during the winter, otherwise they graze for their whole lives. I have eaten his elk burgers and sausages - they are awesome!

Comment

I review my father-in-law making Chinese home cures that consolidated little deer tusks. The major ordeal was that it needed to have the velvet on it. Evidently its been utilized within Chinese prescription for quite a while. What impact it has, I don't have the foggiest idea, however this stuff was just given to grown-up guys.
                igf-1 drops

Comment

Yes, you can try this traditional medicine thing to make your health better. Antler Farms uses only the highest yielding components of velvet antler to produce a premium product. You can easily get Tablets, Capsules and Spray at affordable cost. But online at: Deer Antler Spray - Best Deer Antler Velvet | Antler FarmsŪ

Comment

Working...
                  X