Cholestrol test results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cholestrol test results

I've been on the Blueprint for 9 months now. I lost 40 lbs during the first 4 months. Went from 215lbs to 172 lbs. I feel great! Had a wellness check and got the results today, WoW. My Cholestrol Numbers are; Trig 61, Chol 247, HDL 69, LDL Direct 155, VLDL Calc 12. I was handed a bag of Lipitor Samples and a discount buying card. Also my Urinalysis Glucose was 110. What do I need to focus on in my diet??? Thanks!!

If your doctor is pushing Lipitor with those cholesterol numbers, you need another doctor--your numbers are fine!

What's the lab range on that blood glucose? My endo uses a range that goes to 120, but my primary uses a lab that has a limit of 100. That's the number I'd be concerned about if it's higher than the lab range.

Keep in mind that people eating low carb tend to run higher fasting BG numbers. If there's a concern, ask your doctor to run the A1C that gives your average BG over 3 months and is much more accurate in assessing diabetes risk.

Comment

emmie,
      The Glucose range is >70-<130, my number 110 was in bold, the only "Standout" in the Urinalysis. No History of diabetes in the family. My Cholesterol ranges were
      Trig 61 range 35-160
      Chol 247 H range 50-200
      HDL 69 range 29-71
      LDL 155 H range <=100
      In the comments area said >/=190 mg/dl Very High, I'm 247 mg/dl
      I have no plans to take the Lipitor. So these numbers are common for the "Blueprint"?
      Thanks!

Comment

That's how my numbers looked for my cholesterol. All of mine went up. However, my glucose was really low. He said I had excellent levels. I assume since I eat fairly low carb.

Comment

Read this and this.

See? Not a problem.
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Originally posted by burrowc View Post
            Trig 61 range 35-160
            Cholesterol levels are pretty much meaningless. They do not correlate with the incidence of Coronary Heart Disease. The one measure that correlates highly with the incidence of CHD? Triglyceride levels ... you are well to the low end of the scale, as one would expect since triglycerides are formed from carbohydrates. Well done, keep going, nothing to see here...

-PK
            My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Comment

I'm getting my blood tests done on monday for my physical. Should be interesting. My cholesterol has been over 200 since I was 21 (first measurement). My FBG has never been below 99, but the other day I tested at home and it was in the 80's.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
              MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Many thanks for the info!
                Chris

Comment

You need to get another doctor.

This is pre-med level stuff.

It is the RATIO that you are looking for.

Total chol/HDL

(In your case, 247/69 = 3.58 = less than average risk)

scale:
                  3.2 or less = low risk (optimal)
                  3.3 - 4.9 = less than average risk
                  5.0 = average risk
                  5.1 or greater = high risk

Anyway, elevated homocysteine levels are more accurate in predicting heart disease than cholesterol, hypertension, and smoking. This is the test you really want. I just had mine done; waiting on results.
                  Last edited by TigerLily; 01-21-2011, 03:41 PM.
                  "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

With 130 the high for glucose, your test number of 110 is just fine!

And the lab highlighting your total cholesterol number is something that is done automatically, and, as I mentioned, the total number is irrelevant. Your LDL is only slightly higher than range, but your HDL and trigs are just fine.

I would not do anything but continue to eat primal!

Comment

Originally posted by burrowc View Post
                      I've been on the Blueprint for 9 months now. I lost 40 lbs during the first 4 months. Went from 215lbs to 172 lbs. I feel great! Had a wellness check and got the results today, WoW. My Cholestrol Numbers are; Trig 61, Chol 247, HDL 69, LDL Direct 155, VLDL Calc 12. I was handed a bag of Lipitor Samples and a discount buying card. Also my Urinalysis Glucose was 110. What do I need to focus on in my diet??? Thanks!!
                      Throw away the Lipitor. Your numbers are insanely good. Your doctor needs his head examined.

Go look at my Cholesterol Primer (in my sigfile) and be reassured.
                      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I am appalled at this posters' doctor, as well as that other doctor in the other cholesterol thread running concurrently.

This is high school-level science and junior high math.

When did these doctors get out of school? 1912?
                        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

If you were my patient I would have shook your hand and told you to tell nine of your friends. Your doc needs to read more. For giving you a statin I would have fired him.

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                            Read this and this.

See? Not a problem.
                            And this posted yesterday at FatHead: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...-is-good-news/
                            Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

I'm impressed with this "Blueprint" community. Thanks for the help and information. I've never been on a Forum before and and it has taken me 9 months of being on the Blueprint Diet and wrong info from my missinformed doc to cause me to reach out and seek correct, informed answers. (run-on sentence-sorry)
                              Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X