Embarrassed to type this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassed to type this

In the past week I have eaten 4 10 oz. tins of mixed nuts and earlier today I ate 1 lb of pistachios.

I know what I did, and how awful it was. I hope that by posting this on here I remind all others who are running or have run into serious pitfalls in the past that they are not alone in the sometimes difficult struggle with diet.

That is all. I just needed to vent. And frankly, I feel better already.

Start a journal here. It may just be your key.
    Georgette

Comment

OHHHH goodness it would hurt to pee if i did that!!!
      Get on my Level
      http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

By the time I finish de-shelling a pound of pistachio's i've worked up such an appetite that I need more pistachios. Plus, I'm fairly certain that by the time I'm done popping the shells off a pound of pistachios is really like one big handful... right?

edit: what the heck why do pistachio's make your pee hurt

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
          OHHHH goodness it would hurt to pee if i did that!!!
          Yer not supposed to put them in your urethra. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
            what the heck why do pistachio's make your pee hurt
            Wondering the exact same thing
            My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who over eats nuts I avoid them for a while, then I indulge big time. (like several straight Tablespoons of almond butter in one sitting). I know its bad, but hey at least if I'm gonna overeat something its better for it to be nuts rather than Twinkies or pizza.
              http://anikaskitchen.blogspot.com/
              My journal

Comment

I can imagine myself doing exactly what you did. That's why I dont' let myself buy nuts. I'll eat them if they're in a salad I get at a restaurant, but I don't allow myself to buy tins of mixed nuts. That's a major "Danger Danger Will Robinson".

Comment

Sit down rook, come talk to a seasoned pro like myself after you've eaten 2 large bags of chips and a ton of salsa, dessertin' with some Haagen Dazs ice cream just cus I can...

seriously kids the lesson here is don't smoke weed.

PS: On a serious note, I'm glad I don't like nuts, I don't buy them, I'm sure I'd over eat them too.
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I've done the same thing. Except WORSE...with sugary, corn-syrupy Honey Roasted Peanuts! That's not even a damned nut!

Don't feel bad. If it happens again, you might have to stop buying nuts though . My father still eats the peanuts, so I have to have my Mum actually hide the jar (it's actually a giant Sam's Club BUCKET). I'm addicted. It's really sad.

Dang. Now I have a craving for peanuts...

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
                    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
                    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
                    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

I sometimes eat three or four almonds, or a few cashews.

Comment

It's so easy to do when they're all roasty and salted like that! yeah, we can't have them in the house at all.
                        42 yo female; 5'8"
                        Oct 2009: 205 lbs
                        Dec 2010: 167 lbs
                        Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
                        Goal weight: 145 lbs

Comment

I'm a bit of a nut fiend too... lucky (?) for me nuts are expensive and I'm suuuper frugal (read: poor) :-P
                          sigpic

Comment

maybe just me??? when i overat nuts i get painful pee lol
                            Get on my Level
                            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I wrote this in another nut thread, but I'll post it again because it really helps me control my portions when it comes to nuts; buy nuts in the shell. They're cheaper, tastier and the process of shelling nuts slows down your consumption so you're less likely to over consume. I also find it kinda fun to shell a small bowl of nuts while watching some tv or surfing the net.

Comment

Working...
                              X