Clear All

Poultry: Duck, pheasant

Red Meat: Buffalo, Beef

Rept: Alligator rarely

Sea food: Salmon, trout, cod, tilapia

Mostly salmon and buffalo though!

Comment

Thanks everyone! These lists are GREAT.

I forgot to put venison on mine (yum). Husband is hoping to get a deer over the holidays, but then... not sure how we'd ship it across the country. Maybe he can find somewhere to hunt in California.

Anyone else?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

My list-

Poultry: Chicken, Turkey, duck, either partridge or quail (posh restaurant meal years ago), ostrich (v nice)

Meat: Beef, lamb, goat, pork, rabbit, bison (as a burger - nice), venison. Would try horse and other herbivores; not so sure about eating carnivores.

Fish/Seafood: Most kinds of fish that have been available - standard salmon, tuna, mackeral, hake, plaice, sole, colin..... Didn't like kippers though! And can live without shellfish though have had prawns, shrimp, mussels, scallops (actually v nice). Oh, crab, squid, octopus, and cuttlefish too.

Reptile: None (yet...)

Organ meat: Have tried haggis, it was ok but traditional recipe uses pearl barley etc. Ox heart, tongue, and tail are all nice. Have attempted chicken livers and rabbit offal but not impressed!

Other: Ordered and ate chicken feet by mistake (chinese restaurant!) - alright. Couldn't face the duck feet though!

Mixed meat: Sausages, esp Chorizo. There are brands that boast 97% pork but I've yet to check if the other 3% is wheat rusk

NON-MEAT: Anyhting "formed" or "reformed" or tinned. I wish I didn't like the taste of hotdogs, the pink mush flecked with lumps of cartilage is disgusting yet addictive.

Bernard Matthews is a serial offender - "TURKEY HAM"?!?!?!? Some satanic combination of pig and poultry with added dextrose and water. Again, shame it actually tastes nice (although nothing like either turkey OR ham)

Comment

I understand you're looking for some unusual examples, correct?

Poultry: I love baked chicken necks; I can suck on those little bones forever. Weird? Tasty!

I also like hearts and livers.

Beef: I love marrow bones, particularly the bone marrow itself. I always get so excited when I find a place I can buy one. I make nice bone broth and then just suck all the goodness out of it.

Fish: Where I come from, caviar is considered to be one of the great delicacies. My favorite one is red caviar. I also love raw salt-cured salmon because it's extremely tender and basically melts in your mouth.

Is this good?

Comment

Poultry: Chicken, mostly thighs and breasts (skin and bone included, of course!)

Red meat: Steak! Flank steak, ribeye steak, steak tips, the occasional sirloin. Pork - mostly fresh-made (not cured) sausage and bacon, but also the occasional roast or ham. We'll also get lunch meats - mostly ham and roast beef.

Fish/Seafood: Not much. My husband hates all seafood except fried shrimp, which I can't make and which has breading. I'll have the occasional shrimp scampi when we go out to eat.

Reptiles/Amphibians: No. Although when I was a kid at camp, the camp directors caught a huge rattlesnake, and we had rattler soup that night. I think I've blocked out the memory of how it tasted, though.

Organ meat: Eeew. No!

Other (insects? anything else?): Nothing else. I guess I'm pretty boring when it comes to meat choices.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Poultry: Only Whole Chicken, can't stand the breast meat anymore, and chicken wings, thighs, legs all with skin; Roast Turkey at Thanksgiving!; Pheasant; Dove; Duck

Red meat: Bison (ground or steaks); Beef cuts including flank steak, hangar steak, skirt steak (those are less common ones that are delicious) and of course ground beef and the typical cuts; Lamb including loin chops, ground lamb, leg of lamb; Venison and Elk; I've tried Goat meat but wasn't a fan, maybe we needed a different cut/recipe; Pork ribs (baby back are awesome), pork chops, don't really like pork tenderloin much, BACON; Rabbit is interesting

Fish/Seafood: Tilapia; Shrimp; Hubby likes Catfish; Halibut; Mussels; Scallops are okay; Octopus and Squid; Lobster (more than crab legs)

Reptiles/Amphibians: Frog legs! That's all I've tried though.

Organ meat: Have yet to try any

Other (insects? anything else?): Escargot rock!

Mixed meat: Whole hog sausage (it's much fattier than lean ground pork for instance, and much tastier)

NON-MEAT: Soy products, hot dogs, most processed sausages, goetta (um super gross...it's like sausage oatmeal basically); that "cooked ham" stuff that comes in a half oval shape...sick; anything pressed into a form like chicken nuggets or fish sticks; slim jim's (which include "mechanically separated chicken" in the ingredients...also sick) and most processed jerkies.

You are what you eat,
              and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Poultry: Whole Chicken, Turkey, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, and Grouse

Red meat: Steak (of course), beef roast, beef stew, pork chops, pork shoulder, pork loin(stuffed w/ whole hog sausage, yum!), rabbit, squirrel

Fish/Seafood: Trout, steelhead, large and smallmouth bass, crappie, bluegill, catfish – I catch my own. Pretty much everything that comes from the sea but Shrimp (allergies, but I will try after I have been primal for a while).

Reptiles/Amphibians: frog legs – I get my own there too.

Organ meat: not so much

Other (insects? anything else?): Swallowed a fly by accident once

Mixed Meats: Whole hog sausage.

I am lucky. My uncle owns a butcher shop and my cousin makes the best whole hog sausage ever. They live in a small town in eastern Ohio where all of the beef and hogs are grass fed. – It’s just cheaper than grain. I am helping out local farmers, most of the guys I helped put up hay in the summer so I know them personally and they sell to make ends meet. Eat good… feel good!

Comment

Chicken hearts. Used to eat them with veggies and fried rice, now, Hmmm....I need a new 'recipe'. Maybe just 'mock cauliflower rice'?

I'd eat a bug, but ONLY if it were crunchy. All that squishy bug guts/ juice makes me wanna puke (& I have a very strong stomach!).

Comment

I've eaten bugs - as in Bugs Bunny.

Comment

For some reason, people get upset when I mention how tasty both Bambi and Thumper are... Along with Babe too of course

Comment

NorthernMonke: Amen!

As a gag I'd say I've eaten most of the animal cast of Disney movies... Ha! Ha!

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

Comment

The only thing I eat on a semi regular basis that hasn't already been mentioned is sea cucumber. I have it at a Chinese restaurant and the way they prepare it it tastes like fermented cabbage. Really good.

Comment

I once had a burrito in Tijuana, Mexico that was SUPPOSED to be beef, but it sure didn't taste like any beef I've ever had. I strongly suspect it was dog. (Very tough and chewy, but good flavor.)

Any other liverwurst fans? I looove big fat chunks of liverwurst on either celery or a big lettuce leaf.

Comment

We make our own liverwurst (the shop stuff is too salty). My wife likes it with almonds. I just have it by itself.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
                              • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
                              • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

Y'all are awesome! Great lists!

Just curious... does anyone in here eat "head cheese"?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X