Milk Foam For Coffee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk Foam For Coffee

Ok, so I know coffee is supposed to be death in a cup, but I don't care. My adaption is foam instead of adding milk. I use a nespresso foamer which makes very light frothy foam. Nice flavor of cream with little more than the taste.

Coffee can be death in a bucket but not in a cup.

Why would you deprive yourself the fatty goodness of cream?
    Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

I make cappuccinos nearly every morning. I've tried foaming 2% milk, coconut milk and hazelnut milk. To my surprise, they all foam equally well. I don't like the taste of heavy creme, its too...creamy!

Coffee isn't death in a cup (you're thinking soda?). From the research studies I have read, a moderate amount of coffee with no added sugar might very well be healthy for you (antioxidants win again!).
      "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Comment

Who is telling you coffee = death in a cup? I see nothing wrong with coffee, unless you have issues with caffiene.

Comment

Originally posted by rocknroll View Post
          I've tried foaming 2% milk, coconut milk and hazelnut milk. To my surprise, they all foam equally well.
          Is that coconut milk out of a can or out of a carton?
          Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
          Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Plenty of people here drink plenty of coffee. Just don't but sugar in it.
            carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by chima_p View Post
              Coffee can be death in a bucket but not in a cup.
              This is my favorite quote of the day, haha.
              "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I put a little bit of coconut milk under the frother and it froths up a little bit. Not as much as milk would though. It's coconut milk from a can that I keep in a container in the fridge. I wait to pour it in the container when it's warm enough so that none of the fat/cram is clumped together.

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
                  Is that coconut milk out of a can or out of a carton?
                  Out of a carton. I haven't tried with the canned stuff.
                  "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Comment

All I know is that coffee tastes like crap if you forget to actually put coffee in the coffee maker. But it does make you think you should clean the coffee maker once a decade or so.
                    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Sure coffee is probably not good for you. But on the scale of things that are bad for you its way down the bottom.

EDIT: I mean, eating paleo is weird by CW standards but with this sudden fascination society has with coffee, declining to partake in the brewed bean beverage is the ultimate mark of unsocial eccentricity.
                      Last edited by Bushrat; 01-21-2011, 10:19 PM.
                      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

There are as many benefits of coffee as there are detriments. If you like it, enjoy it. Stop saying it's not good for you. With all things in life, don't overdo it.

Another thing to try that I've been liking, is punching a small hole in a can of coconut milk, putting my thumb over it, shaking the dickens out of it and pouring that in my coffee...surprisingly foamy!
                        carl's cave

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has referred you to this thread for coconut milk creamer. It makes a delightful froth.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...hlight=Creamer

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                            I'm surprised nobody has referred you to this thread for coconut milk creamer. It makes a delightful froth.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...hlight=Creamer
                            Still loving this creamer! I've gradually simplified it, though...I use olive oil instead of coconut oil to save me the step of melting anything and I just hand whisk it briefly. I often add about 1/2 as much water (if I'm using the full fat coconut milk) so it's just a little easier to pour.
                            Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                            Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

I drink my coffee with full fat cream and a little frothed milk on top. (not low fat). The way I do it, I take a tupperware container, put the milk inside, close the lid, and shake it like crazy. Then I stick it in the microwave and nuke it for a couple seconds.

Top off coffee...profit!

Comment

Working...
                              X