How do I know I'm hungry revisted...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know I'm hungry revisted...

Just a followup to my earlier post this week about ascertaining hunger when you're used to the hunger/eat/crash cycle common to carb diets. I ate last night around 7...a very nice crockpot stew of pork, sweet potatoes and raisins posted by someone in the recipe section, along with some sauteed zucchini and pine nuts. I wasn't hungry when I woke up this morning and, even though I was going on a short hike, decided to trust my instincts and not eat. Well, due to a "short cut" thst hike ended up taking 3 hours. I noticed that I was gradually becoming hungry, but it wasn't the SOS situation that, with my blood sugar issues, it usually is. This wasn't an experiment I ended to conduct, but it really confirmed for me that this is the way I need to eat.

I agree with you. You shouldn't eat for the sake of eating or because of any regiment. I eat when I am hungry and drink water when I am thirsty. When I used to be on a CW diet I just couldn't wait for my next meal and I was always hungry. Now after some meals I don't even get hungry for 8-10 hours.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

What I'm noticing, is that I don't hit that suddenly starving feeling. I gradually get hungry, and even when I'm really, really hungry, I don't have that feeling that I must eat NOW. I am fine waiting and cooking up dinner, instead of feeling like I have to hit a drive-thru and get food into me immediately. This for me is so liberating! Plus even when I'm really, really hungry, I'm not bolting my food. I can take a few bites, enjoy them, catch up on whatever, eat a few more bites, and I can feel my hunger slowly going away. I can stop eating before I feel stuffed. I'm learning what "full" feels like, and that "hungry" is ok too, I won't suddenly have the urge to bolt down everything in sight.
      Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Working...
      X