Blah! Arg!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blah! Arg!

So, I sat down to my lunch of lettuce topped with organic ground beef and avocado and looked at the can of Zevia (natural diet soda) I was drinking. I just learned that Zevia has 12 grams of carbs in it! I hadn't thought to read the label since it's diet soda.

I love Zevia. I'm not happy about this.
    My homeschooling mom, doula blog: http://naturalparentingsupport.blogspot.com

don't drink 12 a day?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by Syracusedoula View Post
      So, I sat down to my lunch of lettuce topped with organic ground beef and avocado and looked at the can of Zevia (natural diet soda) I was drinking. I just learned that Zevia has 12 grams of carbs in it! I hadn't thought to read the label since it's diet soda.

I love Zevia. I'm not happy about this.
      Well, can you fit 12 g of carbs in a day? Really 12 g isn't that bad. What is your carb goal every day?
      The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

Let this be a lesson to you. If it comes in aluminum or cardboard, read the label.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

What? Zevia has 12g of carbs in it? Not the ones I've bought. It says "naturally diet soda" on it even. Course... haven't had one in a while, but last I knew they were 0 calorie.

Comment

i don't even know what zevia is, but i suggest switching to unsweetened iced tea.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
              i don't even know what zevia is, but i suggest switching to unsweetened iced tea.
              +1
              also water.

Comment

Don't drink anything from an aluminum can or a plastic bottle.
                Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                  What? Zevia has 12g of carbs in it? Not the ones I've bought. It says "naturally diet soda" on it even. Course... haven't had one in a while, but last I knew they were 0 calorie.
                  Interesting. The site says "ZEVIA is 100% natural, has zero calories, zero net carbs, zero fat, and little or no sodium (depending on flavor)." Now, that looks great, but it says "net carbs." Not sure how that would differ from carbs, but it suggests to me there are carbs in it.
                  August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Being a former Atkins devotee IIRC "net carbs" are carbs actually used by the body so hypothetically a food/beverage could have 100g of carbs but of those 100, 24 could be "net carbs", the rest could be fibre hence technically carbohydrate but not metabolised to any extent by the human body.

So still carbs just not so many (apparently) that can raise insulin levels. I would be more coherent but have "carb flu" atm.

Could there be a sweetener in Zevia (ie stevia) that is a carbohydrate but not assimilated by the body?
                    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Comment

Probably a sugar alcohol like Xylitol, Maltitol?

Comment

How about you stop drinking soda?

Comment

Originally posted by Dualhammers View Post
                          How about you stop drinking soda?
                          +1 Just prolonging carb cravings, IMO.
                          Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                          Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                          Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

haha i tried one of them... but it had 0 carbs some B vitamins and it was orange flavored....i use it when i drink alcohol lol bacardi + orange drink, but i think the one i have is called Steaz??? dunno i dont drink often enough to remember
                            Get on my Level
                            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Lemon and water....satisfies my craving for sodas
                              "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

website: Horse and animal artwork; DaynaCreations.com

Comment

Working...
                              X