Steve Rinella: The Wild Within

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Rinella: The Wild Within

Have any of you caught this new show on the Travel Channel Sunday nights at 9? Absolutely amazing stuff for those of us that are primal/paleo. Shows him hunting and fishing all over the world for his own food. Addicting stuff. He's my new fave on the Travel Channel next to Tony Bourdain.
    Georgette

I've recorded it but haven't watched it yet...maybe tonight! And I love Tony too! :-)
    www.chowstalker.com We don't do cupcakes.
    www.desserrtstalker.com We still don't do cupcakes.
    http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'd really like to watch it... this is the first show in literally *years* that has made me wish I had cable/satellite! Hope it comes on torrents or Hulu (et al.) sometime ...
      "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
      "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
      If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

I've seen an episode and thought it was good. I like his attitude toward hunting. Very much like my own.
        Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
        - Ralph Marston

Comment

I just watched the re-run of the second episode. I also enjoyed his attitude toward hunting and appreciating the gifts of nature. I plan on watching the first episode when it re-airs on Saturday evening. I loved watching him kill the buffalo and create the buffalo boat. I'm looking forward to the new episode on Sunday.

Comment

Holy shit... this guy is from Michigan and graduated from Grand Vallery State University (GVSU). I have lived in Grand Rapids, MI my entire 22.5 years of existence. I went to GVSU for 2 semesters and my bro graduated from there.

Small world, eh?

Great article here: http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/m...in_new_tr.html
            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I love the show. He has a very Primal approach to living. I already have a post as well on this show.

Comment

Honestly, I expected to not like it. I do, though. He is one of my favorites on that channel, right after Andrew Zimmern.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Hopefully it'll end up on Hulu at some point, otherwise, I'll have to wait until it's on video! I really think it sounds great, but nothing's enough to make me pay for cable TV.
                  sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Great show. Really liked it. I have wanted to get into hunting and this inspires me even more. I just don't have the time right now. Poor excuse I know. Usually when I have a free day we are working on the house or I go golfing. =)
                    Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                      Hopefully it'll end up on Hulu at some point, otherwise, I'll have to wait until it's on video! I really think it sounds great, but nothing's enough to make me pay for cable TV.
                      Not to hijack the thread, but do you watch sports? My wife and I have been talking about getting rid of cable. It costs so much. But I have way to many sports I like to watch.
                      Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

There's an awful lot of streaming video available, but the sources do vary over time.

I have a digital external antenna and no cable/satellite (it's available but I'm cheap). I mainly download and watch streaming sources, with probably no more than a couple of hours per week watching one of the 40 or so channels I get over the air.

But I do wish I could find a source for the new Steve Rinella show!
                        "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
                        "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
                        If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

I do not watch any sports, sorry! I do know peeps that find stuff online, but I think it can be harder to get to? I don't know much about it.

I mostly watch ... well, listen to shows while working. Most of my work is routine stuff, research, rote kinds of things so it helps to have something to listen to. I do a lot of biographies and such on either HULU or netflix as well. Try to mix up the silly stuff with some learnin'!

I really do hope it comes on hulu, though. Otherwise I'll have to wait until the DVDs come out on Netflix! Because it would be really nice to see a show focused on more natural stuff.
                          sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Working...
                          X