What do you gorge on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you gorge on?

I know we're supposed to eat to satisfaction, not until full, (and I usually do) but I can never help it with baby back ribs! Seriously. I need to start making less at a time and not two or three half-racks with the intention of putting some away... because that never seems to work out. (and I'm sure I know that from the outset because my love for ribs runneth over.)

That was like half a pound of ribs... Ugh. I feel like crap now. lol It always happens. Damn you, delicious ribs!

Anyone else have an infrequent favourite they can't resist going overboard on?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

I love ribs too, but baby back ribs are too meaty. I prefer pork spareribs which are fattier. I will eat till I am stuffed, and I feel so good.

What I gorged on today were some primal brownies made from almond butter primarily. This was a new recipe I tried. The bad thing is that I am the only one in my family that will eat them since they are not sweet enough for anyone else. So, I end up eating on them for a week. haha

Comment

I can go all out on chicken wings or almonds. Love that stuff!
      "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Butternutsquash, cashews, pumpkin seeds... I WISH I gorged on protein!

Comment

anything with butter on it
          Get on my Level
          http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

full is not a good feeling to me, so i try to never get really full, like FULL. BLEH.
            but i could eat a whole lot of steak, and if i am out and only have almonds with me, its a bad bad scene.
            journal

Comment

Chicken Wings and Ribs all day long, fast the next day!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm with ya on the ribs. My sister works for Longhorn BBQ and while I am sure they aren't primal they are delish. I used to be able to polish off a rack by myself. I can't anymore thank God.

Comment

I just ate a whole tin of mixed nuts.

Recent experience has led me to believe that nuts naturally have crack in them. A mere mortal such as myself is unable to stop eating them once eating has started...

Comment

Wings. I'll power down 24 for lunch no problem and still be hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by ephemeral10jf View Post
                      I just ate a whole tin of mixed nuts.

Recent experience has led me to believe that nuts naturally have crack in them. A mere mortal such as myself is unable to stop eating them once eating has started...
                      Hahaha, I completely agree. That is what happens to me with chicken wings.

Comment

Nuts and nut butters. Any and all. I hated nuts back when I'd eat just about anything. But as soon as I became more health conscious, polishing off an entire jar of almond or peanut butter was not an uncommon occurrence for me. Either my taste buds changed significantly or I never gave nuts a real chance in my junk food days. Now I just stay away from them. It's for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Styrofoam Jones View Post
                          Nuts and nut butters. Any and all. I hated nuts back when I'd eat anything and everything. But as soon as I became more health conscious, polishing off an entire jar of almond or peanut butter was not an uncommon occurrence for me. Either my taste buds changed significantly or I never gave nuts a real chance in my junk food days. Now I just stay away from them. It's for the best.
                          This is what I need to do. Something about almonds, cashews, etc. paralyze my otherwise strong control over myself.

Comment

Nuts for sure - not gorge, but you never know how much you're eating.

Ribs I consider fully compliant and if I haven't eaten a full rack then I am in danger of entering starvation mode and will immediately start eating your ribs when you go to the restroom. Wanna go to dinner?
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

That reminds me of a supper last year. Huge chicken breast and a full rack of ribs for supper. A spoonful of broccoli for colour.

While everyone had cake for dessert, I went to the counter and got more ribs.

GodDAMN I loves me some ribs.

Comment

Working...
                              X