Mexico Produce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean_OToole View Post
    There are more complete lists of foods to buy organic available online.
    It`s called the dirty dozen
    I try to buy local...meaning within 100 mile radius of where I live
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

I eat lots of good produce from Mexico and other Caribbean countries.

Locally I wouldn't have much choice especially in the cold winter. The local produce is often more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
        I live in Michigan and thus all the produce we buy must be imported from other states... or COUNTRIES! I have been paying attention to where are produce is coming from and guess what?! Most of it is from MEXICO!

Tomatoes, avocados, bell peppers, etc. is from Mexico.

How would you feel about eating produce from Mexico? Safe to eat?

We buy from Costco and Meijer - the famous supermarket in the midwest.
        As a Canadian, I have to tell you that I feel wary of buying American produce, what with your GMO crops and your death-spinach.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

It seems a lot of US produce is recalled here in Canada.

I've never had a CFIA warning about Mexican produce.

Comment

I ate lots of local produce in Mexico in January, and I was fine (I am also not afraid to eat in other countries than my own...shocking!). We get a lot of produce from Mexico here, but I don't buy it generally--I don't like my food to be shipped that far because I'm concerned about nutrition loss and the environmental impact of shipping food that far. I will buy a few imports, like avocados and bananas, but only fair trade organic ones since I don't like people suffering for my food.

Otherwise, I eat locally and seasonally most of the time, with some frozen vegetables to add a little variety over our stupidly long winters. A steady diet of root veg gets a bit dull after a few months, even if it is from my local farmers market. I can get local hothouse tomatoes and peppers through much of the year, but over the midwinter period, even those are unavailable because the days are too short for the plants to produce.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Also, yes, veggies from the US are scary.
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Craules View Post
                I hope your comment don't be racist, how you feel about your local produce, crop are made by mexican people, the same control are by the mexican producers like the usa producer when you import produce are under your country´s control, control pest, quality standar, everything like your goverment request...
                Don´t be racist
                Just FYI that card is old and tired.

Comment

I don't mean to pick on you, but...

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                  or COUNTRIES!
                  College kids are so cute.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Working...
                  X