Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Did Eating Become Such A Sin?

I'm not talking biblically....

But I won't lie... I eat a LOT... I mean... i eat all time...

And it's honestly what made me lose all my weight... eating all the time (but, you know, the right stuff).

A co-worker of mine continues to judge and makes snippy comments about how much I eat... which is funny because she's rather FAT and eats like a bird.

Hmmm...

It really just tickles me. But it does bring up the fact that in our society eating a lot is seen as the problem when eating incorrectly is what the real problem is.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Puritanism. The "sin" of gluttony. It's been with us a long, long time.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

She's just jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by labbygail View Post
        She's just jealous.
        A+

She's been DOWNING that new oatmeal fruit thing at McDonalds for breakfast all week while I've been eating scrabbled eggs and bacon (we all eat breakfast at work btw). Mmmmm BACON!
        March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
        Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Stare at her and laugh (messily) while you shovel vast amounts of food into your mouth. The more mess, the better. Oh, and make it a proper 'evil villain' kind of laugh.

Or do this.
          The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
          Blog
          sigpic

Comment

i think tomorrow you should just eat a huge steak for breakfast.
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Definitely jealous. She thinks there's something "magical" about your body that makes it so you can eat a ton, and she can hardly eat anything and still not lose. For some reason "magic" is easier to understand than the science.

We haven't changed much, have we?
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                A+

She's been DOWNING that new oatmeal fruit thing at McDonalds for breakfast all week while I've been eating scrabbled eggs and bacon (we all eat breakfast at work btw). Mmmmm BACON!
                "Be honest! since when has 'good for you' actually felt good?" - McDonalds on their latest healthy breakfast alternative.

Why do people think McDonalds is the place for healthy eating?
                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I get that a lot. The other day, one dude actually made pig noises at me when I heated up a big bowl of chili. He asked me if I was going to eat all that, I said yes! His response, damn girl + pig noises. Nice. I just shrugged and told him he could eat like this too if he actually read the links I gave him.

Comment

Originally posted by r_squared02 View Post
                    I get that a lot. The other day, one dude actually made pig noises at me when I heated up a big bowl of chili. He asked me if I was going to eat all that, I said yes! His response, damn girl + pig noises. Nice. I just shrugged and told him he could eat like this too if he actually read the links I gave him.
                    OMG I can't believe people are so RUDE! Sheesh live and let live people. I don't freak out when I see my college mates eat an entire loaf of bread in the morning "for energy". I just smile and eat my eggs and bacon! I can't believe you and the OP have to deal with so much judgement, it's totally bizarre, especially since you're in better shape and healthier.
                    The more I see the less I know for sure.
                    -John Lennon

Comment

I was a little stunned, but it didn't bother me much since I know what eating this way has done for me!

In his defense, he does have to listen to me rant about the frankenfoods people bring in to snack on, lol. Although they've quit asking me to pitch in for bagels, so WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                        which is funny because she's rather FAT and eats like a bird.
                        This comment always makes me giggle whenever I see it. Cause birds eat a TON compared to their body weight! When we call people pigs we really oughta call them birds!
                        Last edited by Noctiluca; 01-11-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                          "Be honest! since when has 'good for you' actually felt good?" - McDonalds on their latest healthy breakfast alternative.

Why do people think McDonalds is the place for healthy eating?
                          Because people are lazy and that makes them willing to believe almost anything as long as it means that they don't have to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                            This comment always makes me giggle whenever I see it. Cause birds eat a TON compared to their body weight! When we call people pigs we really oughta call them birds!
                            LOL!! Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaReina View Post
                              Because people are lazy and that makes them willing to believe almost anything as long as it means that they don't have to do anything.
                              I just thought it was common knowledge that McD's was shit, and we all ate it just cus it tastes good... sometimes.
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X