I've had conflicting reports on intermittent fasting if you're a Type 2 diabetic. Some people have said it was the best thing to break weight-loss stalls, some people claim it sensitizes you to insulin which makes your blood sugars drop (and ideally your insulin levels, too!) but others have said diabetics shouldn't try it because it's not safe for them. Unfortunately, it wasn't clear whether they meant all diabetics or just Type 1s and medicated Type 2s.
I finished dinner yesterday at about 9:30 p.m. and haven't eaten since. I was thinking I'd try for a 19/5 schedule of IFing, which would mean my next eating window would be tonight from about 4:30 p.m. to about 9:30 p.m., but I'm wondering about a few things:
1. I'm not on any medications (thanks to the PB!) so is IFing safe for me to do?
2. Can I still take my supplements - vitamins, coconut oil, fish oil, etc. - during a fast period?
3. Have any other Type 2s out there done IF, and if so, how was it? Did it cause you problems or did it improve your blood sugars?
4. Will this cause my body to go into starvation-famine mode?
5. Is it safe to exercise when IFing if you're a type 2 diabetic?