Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein in a Chicken Breast

Hi all,

I am trying to weigh my food for the first time today to get an idea of how many calories i am actually eating and how much protein i am geting. This will probably happen only once a month, so its just more to get an idea.

So on to my problem, I am weighing a chicken breast (4 oz) and trying to figure out how much protein is in it. Depending on what site i go to there I have seen anywhere from 23 - 33 g of protein. Does anyone know how much it actually is per oz?

Thanks!

Drifter

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! You are forgeting primal. Eat what you think your body needs. Just say chicken breast has 25 grams of protein in 4 oz. Great. The calories you are getting are immaterial. Eat primaly to satiety, live happily. That's it. Forget about the numbers.

Comment

The trouble with trying to pin the numbers down is that each chicken will have a different composition. That's assuming you don't have the good ol' EU plumped-up-with-water-and-beef-proteins creation....
      If you want to play with numbers, split the difference and call it 28g

Comment

haha sounds good to me. Sorry SteakNChop! This is probably a one time thing, just curious where i am at

Comment

Working...
        X