comment on my food for today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comment on my food for today...

I am finding my feet in all things primal and this is about 2 weeks in.

Here is what I am eating today, comments please.....

B: boiled egg, 1/2 avocado, sweet potato (small), chopped vegs
    L: grass fed organic steak with 1/2 turnip/mushrooms/green beans/spinach
    D: salmon fillet with 1/2 turnip + brocolli
    S: chopped veg, boiled egg

Yes, shooting for weight loss and reduction in hunger/cravings....

Looks good to me. Personally I would up the fat and drop some of the carbs, but everyone is different...
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Looks good. Really, everyone's needs are so different--you need to see what works for you. After 2 months Primal, I am still fine-tuning...
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Why only one egg in the morning? That seems like a lot of starch (sweet potato) and minimal protein to start the day. A breakfast I often have is three large eggs, half an avocado, and some salsa.

Comment

How are you feeling and how is your weight loss? I'm still tweaking myself, and I've been doing this since September. You have to find the right balance of fats and fruit/veggie-based carbs for you to achieve your goals.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

Skip the breakfast and IF

Comment

More fat, less carbs.

Comment

You "more fat, less carbs" guys... what is it that is off to you? Is a sweet potato and half a turnip really that big a deal?

I know that isn't ideal as a daily food for some people, but this menu actually looks pretty spot on to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                  You "more fat, less carbs" guys... what is it that is off to you? Is a sweet potato and half a turnip really that big a deal?
                  There are a good deal of carbs in a sweet potato. Sounds very much like a SAD person saying, "Oh, this one cookie won't hurt. Everything in moderation, right?" Well sorry, but if you want to lose a substantial amount of fat, you can't eat starchy carbs. It's a fact. And if you don't want to get sick from some Kimkins like diet, you are going to need to eat a lot of fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post

I know that isn't ideal as a daily food for some people, but this menu actually looks pretty spot on to me.
                    Like I said, "looks good to me", but I personally would up the fat and lower the carbs, because if I had avocado, sweet potato, veggies, more veggies, more veggies, and then veggies again, that would be too many carbs for me (especially w/an entire turnip included) and I wouldn't lose weight, and I'd probably be hungry a lot. The poster is trying to lose weight and not be hungry. Thought I'd give a little advice, and not just a pat on the back, is that okay?
                    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

i think this is an awesome start!

Cara
                      http://primroseandpaleo.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, I will keep a track of my food for the next few days and post again. I will try and stay a little more mindful on the veggie front. Plus I will post exercise.

I am enjoying getting into the swing of things.

Comment

Looks great to me. I eat a lot of fat, but I also routinely eat 100 grams of carb a day, including sweet potato, etc. A quick look at the nutrition information this comes out to less than 100 grams of carb. I added a random 15 grams for the not specific veggies and it is still only 63 grams. If a person is eating a 1800 calorie day that is less than 20% of their calories from carbs, and even at 1200 cals that is still just about 20%. Which means the rest if coming from fat an protein, so this person could very easily be eating 50-60% of their calories from fat and still eat that many carbs. I know I do.

The only thing I personally try to not eat from the OP is the green beans. Everything else is fair game. I also find if I go too low on carbs I don't lose weight, so it is true everyone is different. The most important thing is to find what works for you AND you can do forever. Trying to go too low carb and then hating life and quitting because it is too hard is pointless, don't you think.
                          Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteakNchop View Post
                            ... Well sorry, but if you want to lose a substantial amount of fat, you can't eat starchy carbs. It's a fact.
                            I'm sure it's a fact for some individuals, but not for everyone. I reintroduced potatoes after the first few months, and always ate plenty of root vegetables and as much fruit, nuts etc as I felt like, and I've lost almost 3 stone (42lbs) since May. I expect I'm eating way fewer carbs than before (considering I used to base every single meal on a big pile of grains), but I never counted them.

Purple potatoes just showed up at the supermarket, so I'm going to try those tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                              I'm sure it's a fact for some individuals, but not for everyone. I reintroduced potatoes after the first few months, and always ate plenty of root vegetables and as much fruit, nuts etc as I felt like, and I've lost almost 3 stone (42lbs) since May. I expect I'm eating way fewer carbs than before (considering I used to base every single meal on a big pile of grains), but I never counted them.

Purple potatoes just showed up at the supermarket, so I'm going to try those tonight.
                              I agree, it is not a fact for me. I eat/ate a lot of starchy foods while losing the bulk of my weight. Plantains everyday, sweet potato, rutabaga, turnips, parsnips, etc. I lost about 36 pounds in 4-5 months, plus inches off my waist.
                              Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Working...
                              X