No announcement yet.

Bacon without added sugar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy side pork, since the only no nitrate and low sugar bacon I can find here in at Costco. Its not grass fed though and really not worth maintaining a membership there for bacon.
    Would you have an easier time switching to sausage? I prefer it, personally, and non-nitrated sausage is easier to find. I would say, maybe save the sugar bacon for special occasions? Or, side pork and make you own bacon. A "meat market" (this is Wisconsin) sometimes has GIANT slabs of side pork. Like, 6+lbs worth. Again, not grass fed but damn.
    January 14th-306.2
    January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
    January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
    No, I'll fall.
    Come to the edge.
    No, it's too high.
    Come to the edge.
    I came
    She pushed
    And I flew

Comment

I just received a shipment from US Wellness. I haven't tried the bacon yet (I bought ends and not slices since I chop it up anyway for recipes), but it is sugar free. I ordered ribs, soup bones and a few beef/lamb steaks just to try it out. I can find grass fed meat here in WI, but not always the cuts I want.

I would love to find a place that sells quality pork belly. I had it at a restaurant this summer and fell in love.
      sigpic
      Age 48
      Start date: 7-5-12
      5'3"
      121lbs
      GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
      Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

I know people talk about 0 sugar bacon . in my opinion. I rather not give up bacon in my life. it is difficult to find no sugar uncured organic bacon.... I'd say just limit your consumption of fruits to make room for bacon.

Comment

Working...
        X