Sigh, discussion with co-worker.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh, discussion with co-worker.

So, my boss is complaining that his cholesterol is high, LDL specifically. At one point I convinced him to quit eating his 3 cups of oatmeal each morning. And he eats less wheat than most typical Americans, but today as he is complaining about his LDL, he is heating up his lunch. He had a HUGE pile of rice! I don't know what else was in there, but definitely about 3 cups of rice. Argh!

I am contemplating loaning him my copy of The Primal Blueprint.
    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Don't - you'll never see it again!!!!!! Maybe (not sure about copyright over in the US) ask Mr Sisson nicely and p/copy the more salient points and leave them in his intray?
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Comment

good for you! he'll thank you in the long run

Cara
      http://primroseandpaleo.wordpress.com

Comment

Meg, show him the before and after pictures thread. If that doesn't get him going, nothing will. People, but men especially, really respond to pictures.
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Our office is a cesspool of drama atm. The bosses are all stressed, and one in particular has started to eat "extra healthy" to help with that. I've lost 15lbs since the middle of December, I think he's found those pounds. Its all cortisol poundage too, straight around the middle.

Personally, I can't wait until the losses really start to show on me. I hate being dragged into drama, so if I can stay out of it, AND look better by spring, I'm gonna be so happy
          Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

I think part of the problem is he is not over weight. He has a 'wheat belly', but weight is normal. So selling him on TPB isn't as easy as it would be for a heavier person.
            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

I am wondering if Mark S. has blogged a success story about cholesterol that you could show him?
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Give him a copy of Griff's magnificent cholesterol post. At a minimum it will allow him to have a more sophisticated understanding of what the numbers mean, how to think about ratios between Total, HDL, LDL, triglycerides. This can lead to a more meaningful discussion with his doctor.

Comment

Working...
                X