X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Mainstream Pub Touting Some Primal Stuff

From Woman's Day mag through Yahoo!

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/healt...olism-2433543/

"Itís time to nix the oatmeal with skim milk. Instead, start your day with a fatty breakfast, including eggs and even a piece of bacon, suggests Molly Bray, PhD, lead author of a recent study showing that a fat-filled morning meal will jumpstart your metabolism for the day faster than a lowfat, low-calorie breakfast."

Wow that's actually a decent article. I'm impressed. Anything that will convince any future girls I date to eat bacon with me in the mornings is A+ Okay with me.

Comment

Article is good, but have you read the comments? WOW.

Comment

Have you read some of the idiotic comments? Makes you laugh and cry at the same time.
        Edit - Bane just saw your comment re the comments!
        The vegie / vegans come out in force to dispute whenever animal foods mentioned as healthy.
        Last edited by Sue; 01-06-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I just went back and read a few page of comments. I cried a little.

Comment

A blog I used to read had running joke about Sanity Watchers -- as in, a common disclaimer on a link would be, "Read this article, but don't read the comments unless you want to blow all your Sanity Watchers points for the day!"
            My Primal Journal

Comment

As one of the commenters puts it, "This is completely bananas, It's the exact opposite of getting healthy. What the hell is going on?"

It's called the cracking of conventional wisdom, my friend... look forward to more of it.
              Check out my blog here.

Comment

We need Fibre Man NOT Fat!!

Comment

There's also this one, and I have no idea what's going on here:

"I do all those and am still petite/light frame. But I have to exercise to mandatory for training racehorses."
                  Check out my blog here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
                    Well go eat jute with low fat soy milk for 6 months and come back to tell us all about it...in the meantime I'll have some more bacon and eggs.

Comment

i think Sue meant to put quotes around that one...
                      Check out my blog here.

Comment

It's soluble! It's insoluble! It's FIBRE MAN!
                        My Primal Journal

Comment

Yeh, I did mean to put quotes around that. Fibre clogs me up and fat makes it smooth sailing.

Comment

Yeh, I did mean to put quotes around that. Fibre clogs me up and fat makes it smooth sailing.
                            In that case, my apologies for the snarky reply. I wonderedd if we had an anti-fat troll on board.

Comment

Oh lord the comments are priceless. I especially liked "eggs, dairy and coffee? wait a minute, if this is a healthy diet wouldn't americans be the healthiest people in the world? who IS sponsoring these "expert" opinions? Let me guess, the meat and dairy industry? Did anyone notice there is no word VEGETABLE in this article?!?" Hahahahahaha...sob

Man, it's so sad.
                              The more I see the less I know for sure.
                              -John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                              X