Breakfast On The Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast On The Road

Greetings all...I am just beginning to go Primal and have a question regarding breakfast...many times I have to eat away from home and usually the offerings are either danish or bagels...are whole wheat or multi-grain bagels ok with perhaps some peanut butter?

Thanks

Seriously?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Um. . . no.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Please begin reading Primal Blueprint chapter 1....
          March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
          Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Comment

You guys could offer her actual suggestions.
            My homeschooling mom, doula blog: http://naturalparentingsupport.blogspot.com

Comment

If you're lucky most places have some hard-boiled eggs. Eggs with a smear of cream cheese aren't too bad (they'd be better if the hotel provided some salt and pepper!). Any baked good -- absolutely not. Nor the sugary yogurt. If all they have is that, you'll have to bring something of your own or eat out.

Comment

I wouldn't, personally. I try to keep Lara bars in my desk and/or car for times like this. They're kind of sugary, so I likely wouldn't want them as a staple, but they've saved me while traveling. I also like the energy squares from Nuts Online...they seem less sugary than the fruit juice infused Lara bars.

I miss the breakfast buffets in Poland, lots of fresh veggies, meats and cheeses, yum.

Comment

This is why I always take primal foods with me. Primal foods do not have sugars ( small amounts of honey/ maple syrup are acceptable), no grains or flours made from them. A typical travel meal, anytime of day, might be boiled eggs, salad, roast meat of some kind, homemade jerky, raw almonds or other nuts and seeds, and such. Get the Mark's Primal book for all the info you need.
                  This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                  Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

I always bring beef jerky, almonds, walnuts etc. One of those bagels would kill me.
                    Brad

late onset type1 diabetic 4-27-10 @ age 30

Comment

Hey question about the Jerky. Are there any brands, that are not loaded with sugar? Yes, I could make my own at home, but really don't have 5-6 hours to cook or even a dehydrator. So, I'm looking for an easy route, but when looking at the labels, there always sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by croí View Post
                        Hey question about the Jerky. Are there any brands, that are not loaded with sugar? Yes, I could make my own at home, but really don't have 5-6 hours to cook or even a dehydrator. So, I'm looking for an easy route, but when looking at the labels, there always sugar.
                        That's been my problem, too. I like the idea of jerky, but I hate the ridiculous levels of salt every brand has, because I just end up feeling like I'm eating chewy sodium, and I can barely taste the meat.

Comment

Dude, I'm a frequent work traveler as well and often go into those morning meetings that have a pile of danishes, muffins and bagels. I'm new to this, but I'm already planning on, well, planning ahead. I figure at times I'm going to have to grab something quick on the road, some chains aren't a bad option in these cases. For example, compared to other places Subway's breakfast sandwiches aren't that bad...just hold the bread, order to of them with eggs, meat and load up on veggies and Grok on.

Comment

I like pemmican from US Wellness. I keep several in my freezer for times like these. Also, hard boiled eggs or home made beef jerky work well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Enamel View Post
                              That's been my problem, too. I like the idea of jerky, but I hate the ridiculous levels of salt every brand has, because I just end up feeling like I'm eating chewy sodium, and I can barely taste the meat.
                              Most decent butcher shops do or can make their own to sell. The place where I get my grass-fed beef makes their own weekly, in relatively large quantities. It's freakin' awesome, especially with a few almonds and pecans.
                              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Working...
                              X