Need Protien Powder- dairy/whey free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Protien Powder- dairy/whey free

I am pregnant and need a good protein source. I have a hard time tolerating meat/eggs in the morning, but if I don't get protein in me, I'm sick. I am dairy intolerant, and even high quality whey protein powder seems to give me indigestion.
    Can you recommend a good tasting, high quality protein powder?????

Congrats on your pregnancy!

For my protein powder needs, True Protein offers a wide selection of options:
    http://www.trueprotein.com/product_l...spx?cid=22&v=2

Their non-egg, non-dairy, non-whey options include hemp protein, pea protein isolate, and rice protein. As far as taste goes, I tend to get mine with Stevia as the sweetener, and they offer a wide range of flavors. Not what I consider a high-quality food source, but when you *have* to resort to protein powder, you could do a lot worse.

Comment

http://www.godairyfree.org/Product-R...-Soy-Free.html

Nutiva also has great coconut oil.
      ~Blog~

Comment

oh yeah, I'm soy intolerant as well.....

Comment

Coconut "Milk" is non-dairy and nutrient wise is similar to human milk.

Comment

Sun Warrior is a high-quality protein with which I'm familiar. You might consider giving it a shot.
            Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
            -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

There are egg protein powders too. I've never tried them so don't have a specific recommendation but I know Optimum Nutrition has one.

Comment

Working...
              X