No announcement yet.

Never realised How satisfying BACON is!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never realised How satisfying BACON is!

So today's been crazy at work (I'm working from home this week) - my dd has been home sick w/the flu the past 2 days and I've got two technical documents I'm editing for delivery - (supposed to be done today but no where close!) and today I really didn't have time to make lunch - so I threw 8 1/2 strips of bacon (for some reason my mom cut the package in 1/2 down the middle over the holidays) on a wire baking sheet - and ATE THEM ALL... OMG! that was the BEST LUNCH EVER! I feel so satisfied - granted I now have a craving for more BACON...but eh...none left in the house...oh well... I'm going to save this craving for the next really STRESSFUL day at work!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

I like to always cook a little extra bacon and keep it in the fridge for emergency food. Grab a slice and go!

Comment

There was one day, I cooked a package of my beloved boar bacon.
      I just grazed on it throughout the day.
      It was perfect.

Comment

I love having leftover bacon in the fridge. When I'm hungry, especially late in the day, it cuts to the chase faster than almost anything.

Comment

omg cooking bacon on a wire rack in the oven is the best. perfect. every. time.

Comment

My bacon never makes it to leftovers. I'm lucky if I don't eat at all before I use it in a meal or serve it to someone else.

Comment

welcome to bacon enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by megguspee View Post
                omg cooking bacon on a wire rack in the oven is the best. perfect. every. time.
                Well, there is a reason it's called BAKE-ON after all.

Comment

i heart bacon!

Comment

Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
                    my dd has been home sick w/the flu the past 2 days
                    Uh oh, who's driving you home from the bar?

Comment

I used to eat beef jerky as a snack but instead I fry up a whole package of bacon and put it in a zip lock bag and eat that instead. I absolutely love bacon!
                      "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!

I too love bacon. The only thing I would add is be sure to get UNCURED bacon. Most supermarkets carry it these days. If not, pretty bad for you. Didn't they used to say one hot dog took 3 days off of your life? Same thing I would say if you are eating CURED bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Balance View Post
                          I used to eat beef jerky as a snack but instead I fry up a whole package of bacon and put it in a zip lock bag and eat that instead. I absolutely love bacon!
                          I just started doing that last week and it's freakin' tasty! Very addictive, though.
                          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

How much bacon do you have to make to have "extra"?

Comment

Originally posted by pdubbs View Post
                              I too love bacon. The only thing I would add is be sure to get UNCURED bacon. Most supermarkets carry it these days. If not, pretty bad for you. Didn't they used to say one hot dog took 3 days off of your life? Same thing I would say if you are eating CURED bacon.
                              I think the nitrate issue is a bit of a marketing tactic currently, and I would be dead in a week if every piece of cured bacon I have eaten is taking 3 days off of my life.
                              For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X