Advice Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please

I work at a large public accounting firm and am at clients a lot which means I cant always bring my lunch and I go to lunch with my co-workers. How could I incorporate more fat into this meal without spending a fortune on a steak for lunch everyday? I was thinking that a grilled chicken salad with oil and vinegar would be the standard lunch for me. Does this suffice? Thanks in advance.

A grilled chicken salad sounds perfect - it's normally what I order out for lunch if I'm out. If there's an option, you can also add avocado, nuts and I would do the olive oil and vinegar on the side to make sure you're getting enough oil.

Comment

The grilled chicken salad is a good, cheaper option. A lot of places have steak salad as well. Or a burger w/o the bun. Or you could just skip lunch or pack a cooler?
      $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Originally posted by tradawg View Post
        The grilled chicken salad is a good, cheaper option. A lot of places have steak salad as well. Or a burger w/o the bun. Or you could just skip lunch or pack a cooler?
        Packing a cooler on a lunch with clients would look real bad.

Comment

Packing a cooler wouldn't be an option with a client but days that im in the office its a perfect idea. I have no problem eating the salad and will take the advice given. Thank you.

Comment

If you can go out for Indian, you can get some great stuff there. Greek salads are also good - feta cheese and olives will fill you right up.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Comment

I often order a burger served on salad greens rather than a bun. Chicken would be fine too, or salmon. Sometimes I add extra olive oil or butter on the meat while it is warm. Very yummy that way.
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Cobb salad would be good since it typically includes bacon, cheese, and avocado in addition to the chicken (f you're not including dairy, you could request that the cheese be left out). You'll find that on a lot of menus as well.
                "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

Working...
                X