Meatless Mondays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meatless Mondays

The latest buzz word among the CW folks trying to get everyone to eat healthier (as in low fat) is Meatless Mondays. The latest CW doc to mention it is Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld, the Sunday House Call doctor advice featured on Fox News on Sunday mornings.

Now my question (please don't think I am a vegetarian troll) is there must of been days, or several days, in which Grok didn't have such good luck hunting. So, not to be jumping on the latest CW bandwagon, but not IF. Were there days that Grok only ate berries, nuts or some vegetables? Should modern day Primals trying to emulate our HG ancestors do the same thing? I've had meat almost everyday and every meal (except eggs for breakfast) for the past year.

*shrug* if you want to...

Do eggs count?

If my family wanted to do meatless mondays, I'd probably just IF. I mean... I love veggies so I could do a day of veg, but I don't see the point.

Grok probably had days where only berries, roots, greens and grubs were available. He probably wasn't thrilled about it though.

Wouldn't his energy levels be pretty low, because he would have been totally fat adapted?
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Comment

i think that getting bogged down in the minutiae of food will drive you crazy
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

There seems to be some health benefits in limiting protein to encourage autophagy - your body eating the damaged protein cells in your body.
        Chris Masterjohn went vegan for 2 weeks and among other benefits it got rid of the warts on his hands. He eats meat and warts have not returned. So limiting protein occasionally may be healthful.
        Last edited by Sue; 01-03-2011, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Oops. I just finished off some meat while I was reading this. Try to post stuff like this sooner.
          Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
          Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
          LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
          HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
          TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

Ever since I was a kid... it wasn't a meal unless there was meat involved.

Comment

I don't now, nor have I before, nor will I probably ever understand how people can subsist solely on plants; that being said, this meatless monday thing...is fish okay to eat on the "meatless" day?
              My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

it's all part of their evil plan to turn everyone vegetarian. I've heard Paul McCartney bleating on about it in the media.

Comment

Sure, go ahead and limit your meat. It might not be good for your brain though.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/02/132591...getting-dumber
                  ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

Sounds like a good day to eat more meat, to make up for people eating less.
                    My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

We should make up for the short fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleo Bill View Post
                        Now my question (please don't think I am a vegetarian troll) is there must of been days, or several days, in which Grok didn't have such good luck hunting. So, not to be jumping on the latest CW bandwagon, but not IF. Were there days that Grok only ate berries, nuts or some vegetables? Should modern day Primals trying to emulate our HG ancestors do the same thing? I've had meat almost everyday and every meal (except eggs for breakfast) for the past year.
                        I'm sure there were days like that. But I'm not approaching this from a food re-enactment standpoint. Grok never had a memory foam mattress, air conditioning or antibiotics but I'm not giving those things up.
                        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I'd put Meatless Mondays in the "not harmful, but not helpful" category for most primal/paleo eaters.

They may be beneficial to SAD eaters because they encourage the consumption of real food instead of processed crap. Hardly foolproof, though. Twinkies are meatless.
                          Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

I do a meatless day from time to time. It will also be a zero calorie fast day though. I can't eat a meal without meat.
                            http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

We should start a Wheatless Wednesday campaign!

Comment

Working...
                              X