Oh that Smell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh that Smell

I'm waiting for wife to finish dinner, we're having pork chops and cauliflower. My question is, as she steams the cauliflower, how do you prevent that funky smell? Any suggestions?

Learn to enjoy it.

Comment

I add in plenty of herbs and spices, and I cook it in broth and a bit of white wine. The wine steam covers much of the cabbage-y smell.
      The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

Consider it a competition. Fart violently and profusely until your wife can declare a winner. If you find cauliflower is too easy an opponent, try steaming some broccoli in the microwave.

edit: Your wife will love this. Fresh farts contain flavonoids and cause endorphic reactions in a woman's brain.

edit 2: That might be chocolate, I'm not sure. I say keep steady and maintain the course while I do further research.

Comment

@ Rivvin: ha ha ha ha ha ... you're pretty funny

Comment

I guffawed. I admit it.
            With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

Originally posted by runman1954 View Post
              My question is, as she steams the cauliflower, how do you prevent that funky smell? Any suggestions?
              Cook some brussels sprouts at the same time. You won't even notice the cauliflower smell.

Gordo

Comment

Good reason to eat it raw or just lightly nuked, IMHO.

Comment

Lemon juice helps with the odor, AFATG.

Comment

Ask her to please roast it.
                    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

I did mine in the nuker tonight and barely smelled it at all. It was nice, all light and fluffy. I just grated it and threw it in there in a bowl with no water or anything.

Comment

Wrap it in bacon?
                        Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
                          Wrap it in bacon?
                          OMG yes!!!
                          The more I see the less I know for sure.
                          -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
                            OMG yes!!!
                            I may be new, but I'm learning
                            Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

>> Good reason to eat it raw or just lightly nuked, IMHO.

Sadly, even raw cauliflower gives off quite a stench, if it's sitting in a closed container. When I bring it to work for lunch, I have to open it up when nobody is around, lest they experience the offensive smell...

Comment

Working...
                              X