Typicaly Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typicaly Day?

For people that skip breakfast (there seem to be a lot of you), what does the rest of your day look like meal wise? In order to get in enough protein if i skip breakfast I would have to have a very large lunch and dinner, so i am curious how you do it.

I usually have a big salad with chicken for lunch (4-5 oz) and then some sort of sauteed veggies and steak/chicken/fish etc (again 4- 5 oz) for dinner. Do you just bump these up in size?

Today was just one of those days. I intended to at least have some yogurt this morning but ran out the door without time to eat.

Breakfast: Coffee with coconut milk. I can't miss that, no matter what- lol

Lunch: Big bowl of turkey and herb soup. (Sorta being a scavenger and cooked the hell out of the Christmas turkey carcass. Added lots of herbs and spices. Didn't have any veg to go in it.) I'd say 10-ish ounces of ham, and 2 cups of broth.

Dinner: 2-3 cups of cabbage and 8-10 ounces of ham, with home-made tamari/mustard dressing.

If I felt lacking I'd have just had the yogurt for dessert, or cooked up a couple eggs with dinner.

Comment

I eat three full meals plus lots of snacks during the eight hour window. I'm specifically trying to gain a little weight, though.

Gordo

Comment

If I am not working, then I start my day with 6 eggs over easy, a few strips of bacon, and a huge pile of broccoli and cauliflower. Then I will have dinner that consists of some kind of meat plus a bunch of veggies. Then I treat myself to a smoothie in the evening which consists of frozen wild blueberries, maybe some nut butter and/or cream, and a few other ingredients.

One thing to mention, I no longer worry about protein. I was buying and adding in protein powder to my drinks, and always counting to make sure I got in enough grams every day. I no longer do that, and I feel like I have retained my strength and muscle mass just fine. I have heard too often now that the protein requirements we hear are greatly exaggerated. If you lift weights, then your body will respond. So, I just eat more fat now, plus some good protein, veggies and fruits.

Comment

I eat twice a day. I don't weigh/measure these days, but I'm pretty sure I eat 10 oz of protein in one meal (what you eat in any entire day), plus a big pile of vegetables. If I'm eating a curry/stew/soup/chili, I always have seconds, sometimes thirds. I am a petite female.

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post

One thing to mention, I no longer worry about protein. I was buying and adding in protein powder to my drinks, and always counting to make sure I got in enough grams every day. I no longer do that, and I feel like I have retained my strength and muscle mass just fine. I have heard too often now that the protein requirements we hear are greatly exaggerated. If you lift weights, then your body will respond. So, I just eat more fat now, plus some good protein, veggies and fruits.
          +1
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Here is my day today.

1732 calories. Fat - 121 g (62%), Carbs - 80 g (36 fiber) (14%), Protein - 104 g (24%)

B - 18 hour IF
            L - BAS, fage with raspberries (11:30 am)
            S- quest protein bar (2:00 pm)
            D - grass fed rib-eye, acorn squash, artichoke with dippin' butter, and a pear. (5:00 pm)

I normally wouldn't have eaten the protein bar but I was really hungry right after I exercised which was after lunch.

Comment

My usual day, of late:

First meal at noon or so (after a 16+ hour fast) -- 1-2 cups spinach and 4-7 oz tuna dressed with fish oil, olive oil, balsamic, potassium salt, and spices. On weekends, I often have an omelette and bacon instead.

Second meal in evening -- 6-10 oz meat (beef, lamb, chicken, pork, whatever), often cooked into an ethnic dish like curry or tagine, with plenty of veggies and maybe some coconut milk. Or, I might have something like a couple grilled chops with sauteed chard and roasted squash.
              Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 12-30-2010, 08:05 AM.
              Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

I break my fast at around 16 hours and usually make myself some breakfast food like fried eggs, bacon, salsa and a slice of home made bread. At work, I break fast with other food. I try to get a lot of protein and veggies in.. tuna salad, chicken salad... I don't eat so much anymore. I really enjoy being in the fasted state. I prefer to work out in a fasted state also.

Comment

I don't eat breakfast and usually just have two meals, lunch and dinner. Meat portions are typically 6-8+ oz. I can't image just eating 4oz of meat...such a small amount!
                  Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

i had my first meal of the day around 11:30. it was the 10% milkfat cabot greek yogurt with cinnamon and blueberries, with five strips of bacon. im totally and completely satisfied, but it was so yummy that i feel like eating it again!

dinner tonight is chicken cacciatore OR shrimp with braised leeks and fennel, depending on if my pescatarian husband will be joining me or not.

Comment

I like eating something first thing in the morning, always have. Though it is not always breakfast food. If I do a traditional breakfast, it is usually a 3 egg omelet with a huge amount of guacamole and a bit of salsa. Sometimes I throw some bacon in there. Or sometimes I just eat leftovers from the previous night's dinner. It fills me up so well, that lunch is where i skimp. I usually have just a small handful of nuts and some coffee with half and half or light cream (I know, not really primal...) Many days I throw a bit of fruit in there somewhere.

Dinner is where I like to have fun cooking and it varies significantly. I usually have a 5-10 oz portion of beef, chix, or fish. I also have a TON of veggies - roasted, sauteed, grilled, or I just throw it all in a BAS. I also usually have a glass of wine or scotch with or after dinner.

Comment

Great thread! I was introduced to fasting when I read "Fast5" (free online ebook) and was amazed I would not DIE for not eating constantly!

I, too, much prefer to lift fasted. So on my strength training days, I'll have two meals which usually consisted of 3-4 eggs and then about 4 oz of meat. From reading here, I feel I want to increase my protein. I DON'T eat a "ton" of veggies (no fruit). Just lots of good fat.

I've got a male online acquaintance who eats every 12 hours; usually one lb of meat with 5 eggs per meal and plenty of good fat (coconut oil, butter).

I just love not having to think about what i'm going to eat, nor having to fix it nor eat it so often! Very liberating!

Comment

I've been skipping breakfast and no matter what I eat for lunch or dinner, I always try to have eggs with my meal. I love eggs.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, its great to hear what people have been doing and that it has been working. Kicking off my 30 day challenge tomorrow morning!

Comment

The bottom range of my lean weight is 125 lbs. I easily get 1 gm/lb in two meals. I really don't worry too much.

Lunch often consists of either a couple large servings of cooked veggies and two hamburger patties, or a HUGE serving of raw spinach, and two burgers.

Dinner is typically a crap load of veggies, and some meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X