Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a good deal on Natural Calm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anyone have a good deal on Natural Calm?

    I figured I would ask you guys in hopes that someone gets Natural Calm (magnesium supplement) for a good price somewhere. I was getting it really reasonably on amazon, but now the price has gone way up. Thanks!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

  • #2
    did you try iherb.com? that site is recommended by a lot of folks here, including myself. if you've never shopped there before, you can get an additional first time discount by using cillakat's email address [cillakat (at) gmail (dot) com]
    sigpic

    HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

    Comment


    • #3
      I dunno...I get it from Whole Foods so I'm probably paying way more than I should...LOL
      Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by batty View Post
        did you try iherb.com? that site is recommended by a lot of folks here, including myself. if you've never shopped there before, you can get an additional first time discount by using cillakat's email address [cillakat (at) gmail (dot) com]
        Thanks, Batty! I did check iherb, but I don't think I have purchased from them previously, so any discount would be awesome.
        For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Calm

          What's the scoop on this stuff? Why/how is it any better from the magnesium citrate (400 mg) I'm already getting in my multi?

          Also, which one would you get?
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

          Comment


          • #6
            From what I understand, making a liquid solution of magnesium is much better absorbed than pill form. I can definitely tell much more of a difference since using the natural calm before bed, versus when I had it in a multi. I like the plain with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice personally. My brother uses the raspberry and enjoys it, so it all depends on your tastes.
            For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Natural Calm is one of the few supplements Robb Wolf uses. He loves that stuff. I have to give it a try for those stressful work days.
              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

              People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

              Comment


              • #8
                it looks like the cheapest place is still amazon. i order it from a food coop, where i get it at cost (which turns out to be around the same price as the amazon price).
                my primal journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                Comment


                • #9
                  Isn't that called marijuana?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                    Isn't that called marijuana?
                    marijuana costs hella more per oz.
                    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      But aren't you supposed to take calcium with magnesium, or am I confused? My massage therapist just admonished me this weekend about this. Natural Calm is just magnesium alone (whereas I do see another product from the same outfit that sells the combo together....).

                      As much as I love Robb Wolf -- and I quote him here enough! -- just saying that he takes it isn't enough to sway me. Does he take a high-quality multi, which should have a ton of the B vitamins (for stress, nervous system) in it?
                      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I get all my supplements from allstarhealth.com. I don't have any affiliation they just always seem to have the best price on stuff and they process and ship orders quickly.

                        You can also get Natural Calm plus Calcium. I just use the plain Natural Calm and it works great for reducing stress levels for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A big vote for Natural Calm as well. Pricey, but considering it's the best absorbed Mag around it's very justifiably.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                            But aren't you supposed to take calcium with magnesium, or am I confused? My massage therapist just admonished me this weekend about this. Natural Calm is just magnesium alone (whereas I do see another product from the same outfit that sells the combo together....).

                            As much as I love Robb Wolf -- and I quote him here enough! -- just saying that he takes it isn't enough to sway me. Does he take a high-quality multi, which should have a ton of the B vitamins (for stress, nervous system) in it?
                            I personally take my magnesium, vitamin d, and calcium at the same time, although they are individual supplements. (I do a multi and fish oils in the morning with breakfast). If I have had a high intake of calcium during the day because of what I ate, I will skip the supplement.
                            For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Because the boiling water ionizes it and makes it close to 90% bio available. Isn't that the highest?

                              Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                              http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Calm

                              What's the scoop on this stuff? Why/how is it any better from the magnesium citrate (400 mg) I'm already getting in my multi?

                              Also, which one would you get?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X