Makeup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup

I just learned of this line of products and am wondering if any of you have heard of it and use it?

http://sephora.com/browse/brand_hier...ntentId=C17331

The ingredient list for the two products I looked at are pretty scary.

For example, Evening Primrose Eye Cream:

Active: Zinc Oxide

Other: water, c12-20 acid PEG-8 Ester, Glyceryl Stearate, Mannan, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, isodecyl laurate, cocoglycerides, evening primerose oil, PEG-100 stearate, olive oil unsaponifiables, jojoba seed oil, cetyl alcohol, fragrance, lactic acid, honeysuckle flower extract, panthenol, phytonadione, polyhydroxystearic acid, butcherbroom extract, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, tocopheryl acetate, xanthan gum.

Comment

I have picked up that stuff before at ULTA and have seen hydrogenated oils in the ingredients. What? I skincare? Why????

I like Everyday Minerals:

http://www.everydayminerals.com/

I LOVE the makeup, It's way cheap... and you can order free samples that last weeks for like 2$ shipping!!

Comment

IN SKINCARE*

Comment

I use Pur minerals from ULTA and I absolutely love it. I used to use Everyday Minerals but it made my skin itch. Pur minerals is more gentle, in my opinion.

Comment

I use the Guava Shower gel and I really like it because it smells so good! So far I have not had any adverse reactions to it.

M

Comment

Bare Minerals! It's genious and cheap on Ebay!

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

As far as skin care goes, I've just been using CO all over ;-)

It's a lot less expensive than the body butters and eye creams and night creams I was using... and seems to be working just as well.

Comment

Yeah, I can't skimp on my mascara since I finally found one that's perfect for my long, wimpy little lashes, but I love mineral makeup on my face. Soooooo glad that I don't have to wear foundation anymore.

Comment

I've actually used some Korres creams before and I loved them. I do agree that putting "Natural" word on the product does not mean that everything is natural or that it should be there in the first place.

I also use CO for my sking these days and it's pretty nice, although it does get kind of oily.

Comment

Kuno, how do you use your CO? I've started using it on my face, but it doesn't really *help* to control spots, it just makes my skin less dry (which always happened with Proactiv) and makes it a little softer. Lately, I'll moisten my face, rub it in and leave it in for a minute or two, then rinse and wipe. (And no lotion afterward, who knew!) Is this what you do?

With the EVOO routine, they suggest heating a washcloth and leaving it on your face so dirt is drawn out. Seems kind of like a pain in the butt to me...

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Jess, I do that with the Castor Oil and EVOO. I massage it on my face and then use the hot steam from a large washcloth/ small towel to wipe the excess off. It does wonders for clearing out my pores.

I'm not acne free yet, but my occurences are MUCH less the more I do it (which is about 2 - 3x/ week).

Comment

Sassa, do you cleanse your face on the other days? Do you think it's necessary to have a hot steamy washcloth, or do you think it's sufficient to just let it soak in?

Comment

I actually won a ton of Korres stuff recently, so I've been using it. I like the few things I've tried so far, though I agree that their ingredient lists aren't always as impressive as I'd like. I will say all their products smell really nice but aren't overpowering. My bf loves it when I use the guava lotion I did buy their cover-up a while back but hated it.

If you want to research their ingredients, I recommend this site:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1

They have some Korres products on there, and they range from great ratings to terrible, so it's a toss-up. You can research ingredients if the actual product isn't there.

Comment

after dumping all cosmetics my annoying deep chin spots have cleared completely. havent had one for about a year. i wash my face with water. and i dont apply anything at all on it. no problem winter or summer.

challenge yourself
                              i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X