Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damage Control Master Formula - amounts and value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage Control Master Formula - amounts and value?

OK, so I was curious what others thought about this product and if anyone has tried it? Without doing the math, it would seem that this might actually be a pretty good deal given the cost if I were to try and take all these supplements individually?

Second - it seems many of the dosages seem a bit low.... like 2000 IU Vitamin D for example - is this because you might lower the dosages when taken in combination with so many other supplements or something else?

Recommended Daily Allowance for Vitamin D is only 600 IU according to gov't regulation. There are plenty of papers out there stating more is needed, but really 2000 IU for Vit D is more than 3x the RDA, and a pretty good compromise between CW and the higher levels some researchers want people to take.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

vit D

am i missing something here? i have 2 "jugs" of damage conrol master which i will start jan 2. the label claims 800u in the 2 daily packets. what are you guys looking at? BTW this seems to be about the best multi formula out there. good doses of a lot of stuff. plan to take 1 pack per day due to price issues. but it should be good micronutrient insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
        Recommended Daily Allowance for Vitamin D is only 600 IU according to gov't regulation. There are plenty of papers out there stating more is needed, but really 2000 IU for Vit D is more than 3x the RDA, and a pretty good compromise between CW and the higher levels some researchers want people to take.
        Sorry, but 2,000 IU is NOT a good compromise. A proper Vitamin D3 Level is 5,000 to 10,000 IU Daily. Then take a blood test after 3 months to optimize dosage for an optimum level of 60 to 70 ng/ml.

See details in my Vitamin D report, below.

Grizz

Comment

Working...
        X