No announcement yet.

I'm just not hungry!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it. I realized today that if I didn't lose another pound (need to lose about 40 more) I'd still be happy with this WOL because it is just so liberating. And staying ketogenic has proven wonderful for my chronic migraines. Better than any of the drugs. Awesome.

Comment

Wait until you get to the "holy crap, I completely forgot to eat" phase.
      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I am new here and I posted a similar question. I basically want to skip lunch, which would be a fast between 6AM and 6PM everyday. Just be sure you get enough calories and nutrients per day, or at least daily average throughout the week. It doesn't matter that you don't until dinner.

However, just be sure that you are not under weight - On this I may be going against the grain (no pun intended), but I am old enough to remember Karen Carpenter. When she looked in the mirror she saw an overweight woman. It is very hard to understand but that happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_moesy View Post
          Anyway, this is Day 3 of eating very primal. No grains, no sugar, lots of fats, lots of veggies and lovely lovely meat. According to FitDay, I had just under 1200 calories on Tuesday, less than 900 yesterday and about 1400 today. I have hardly been hungry at all.
          This is what I'm worried about - I'm completely satisfied, but a few days out of the week I'm getting under 1000 calories. As in...between 650-900. That is with a pretty good amount of coconut oil, butter, and other fats. I think I might just be going through a phase - some weeks I'm just nauseated/not at all hungry. I guess I'll just see how it goes week by week. I only have about 10-15 lbs to lose to get super lean and it's just a rollercoaster, so it will just be trial and error for a while!

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
          ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
          My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
          Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

I do worry about some of our members struggling with eating disorders. Some people should GAIN weight by eating healthy.

Comment

is there a concern to at least hit the minimum protein requirements in a day??? or just look at that day as a fasted day?

Comment

If I was nauseated rather than just not hungry, I'd want to try eating and see if it helps. Sometimes I seem to skip the hungry phase and go straight to the woozy and nauseous one. Just not hungry but full of energy sounds good, nauseated doesn't.
                Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                Harold Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                  I do worry about some of our members struggling with eating disorders. Some people should GAIN weight by eating healthy.
                  Yea, that's why i started this thread. I'm not skipping a meal because I'm trying to lose weight or control something with my eating, I'm skipping a meal because I'm simply not hungry! I don't look at my nutritional info/calorie breakdown at the end of the day and think "Awesome, I'm doing excellent on 700 calories!". I'm looking at it like "Oh ....Sh*t". I was just concerned because I just don't want my body and my stomach to get used to this amount of food. I'm sure it's just a phase (or I have a stomach bug or something) and I'll be back to normal eating again in no time!
                  Last edited by Primalvore; 01-01-2011, 12:26 PM.

~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry

Comment

Originally posted by Horsewoman View Post
                    If I was nauseated rather than just not hungry, I'd want to try eating and see if it helps. Sometimes I seem to skip the hungry phase and go straight to the woozy and nauseous one. Just not hungry but full of energy sounds good, nauseated doesn't.
                    Thank you for the recommendation Horsewoman - that's exactly what I'm going to do

~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry

Comment

Working...
                    X