Penzey's Spices/soup thickener

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penzey's Spices/soup thickener

Lucky me; a new spice store opened up near me. They have a web-site, but I suggest you all order a free catalog, which has photo's and is much more exciting to look through:
    http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...ml?id=7rgihYGc

I'm going today to pick up some Gumbo File; powdered sassafras leaves, which is described as a thickener. I know that's something everyone here is always looking for.

Arrowroot works, too. Penzey's also carries that.

Gordo

Comment

Oooh Penzey's Penzy's is the holy grail of spice purveyors. Anything, and I mean ANYthing you can think of, they have.... I love going in there and poking through unfamiliar spices.. the aroma of the store is amazing.

Hmm... may need to make a Penzey's run soon....

Comment

I remember the first time I ordered through them. Even though the items were well sealed, the entire box smelled heavenly even before opening it. There spices are so fresh and wonderful.
        Starting Weight: 197.5
        Current Weight: 123
        Far healthier!

Comment

I was introduced to Penzey's this year. I LOVE the fajita seasoning, Greek Seasoning, Lemon Pepper, Dutch Cocoa, oh I could go on. lol

Comment

I really like the Mural of Flavor blend.

Comment

We love our Penzey's spices. Bought some nice dark (unsweetened) cocoa from them, too.
              I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Comment

Love Penzey's spices. My cabinet is now full of them, and lucky me that I have one of their stores only a couple miles from my house. I love to stop by when I have some time to kill and just go through and smell everything. Gives me lots of great ideas of wonderful things to make.

Comment

Originally posted by lolov View Post
                  Oooh Penzey's Penzy's is the holy grail of spice purveyors. Anything, and I mean ANYthing you can think of, they have.... I love going in there and poking through unfamiliar spices.. the aroma of the store is amazing.

Hmm... may need to make a Penzey's run soon....
                  +1
                  Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Ooohh...I love their Smoked Paprika too. I go in there for one or two things and always leave with a bunch. I figure it's a great way to keep trying new things

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSandee View Post
                      Ooohh...I love their Smoked Paprika too.
                      This is probably my favorite of favorites. The stuff is amazing.
                      Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

I bought grocery store spices/herbs for years and didn't really think much about it until I tried some Penzey's. OMG what a HUGE difference. Now I only use Penzey's or Victoria Gourmet when I buy dried herbs/spices.
                        312/149/150

Comment

I just moved out of a Penzeys town to a bigger city without . My favorites:

Mexican vanilla
                          Vietnamese cinnamon
                          Smoked paprika

Comment

I really like Penzey's sausage seasonings even though I wish they didn't contain sugar. It makes making different homemade sausages a breeze. The Toasted Onions are nice too for a quickie flavor addition to a lot of dishes.
                            312/149/150

Comment

It never occurred to me to try the smoked paprika, but since a few of you are nuts about it, I will.

Comment

Working...
                              X