I have the coolest grok-kids...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the coolest grok-kids...

They are sat here in front of me eating pork rinds, chicken liver pate and salad
    My Journal

Awesome

I'm making progress with mine. My 12 year old son made me bacon and eggs this morning, and mused that I should develop a recipe for tacos where I use bacon for the taco shells. He's not eating very primal yet, but he's thinking along the right lines
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
      I should develop a recipe for tacos where I use bacon for the taco shells.
      Brilliant. I've got to make this happen.
      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by IvyBlue View Post
        Brilliant. I've got to make this happen.
        Already done....
        http://bacontoday.com/bacon-shell-tacos-aka-bacos/
        $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

When my fiance and I have kids I am going to try to raise them paleo style. One problem is my fiance is a vegetarian lol. But she is on board and actually believes my diet is optimal and hers isn't. So I think raising our kids that way shouldn't be a problem.
          "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by Balance View Post
            When my fiance and I have kids I am going to try to raise them paleo style. One problem is my fiance is a vegetarian lol. But she is on board and actually believes my diet is optimal and hers isn't. So I think raising our kids that way shouldn't be a problem.
            I highly recommend raising your kids primaly. I was raised on healthy food (real healthy food, not tofu sh*t) and eating stuff like bread and candy doesn't appeal to me at all. You'd be giving your children an amazing gift.

Comment

Originally posted by SteakNchop View Post
              I highly recommend raising your kids primaly. I was raised on healthy food (real healthy food, not tofu sh*t) and eating stuff like bread and candy doesn't appeal to me at all. You'd be giving your children an amazing gift.
              That's awesome. I was raised that way too but it was only until I had to take a nutrition class for nursing school which changed my thinking. I started eating low-fat "heart healthy" grains and cereals that put my digestive system through hell. CW really tricked me. Good thing my fiance is on board with the idea and it shouldn't be hard to incorporate when we have children.
              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Morgan ate duck heart and eggs for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Balance View Post
                  That's awesome. I was raised that way too but it was only until I had to take a nutrition class for nursing school which changed my thinking. I started eating low-fat "heart healthy" grains and cereals that put my digestive system through hell. CW really tricked me. Good thing my fiance is on board with the idea and it shouldn't be hard to incorporate when we have children.
                  Oh, I see all the time parents pushing bread into little kids faces who are in strollers and stuff. The kids don't really want it. We're made to eat primaly.

Comment

oh it bugs the hell out of me when i see parents insisting their kids finish their food, and it's nothing but part of the bun or sammich bread.

pate, that's awesome!
                    my primal journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Working...
                    X