Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super-quick PB descriptions: Post your ideas

Here's my latest one:

"If it can't be made or prepared on a farm or in a kitchen, I pretty much don't eat it. I also don't eat bread."

I know this allows for the possibility of orange juice, legumes, and full fat dairy but for a 2-second sound bite I like it. It kind of sounds like I don't eat fish, but whatever.

Throw up your suggestions, whatever fill fit in one line and no more. This is to tell people who ask but are not actually interested.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Edit: My contribution doesn't fit on one line on my screen because there is a big ad for "Primal Fuel" next to it.
    Which, hilariously, doesn't fit my rule AND makes my rule not fit.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Jack LaLanne~

LaLanne said his two simple rules of nutrition are: "if man made it, don't eat it", and "if it tastes good, spit it out." He often says, "I cannot afford to die, it will ruin my image."

However a lot of Primal stuff tastes VERY good so, the second rule doesn't apply to me so much.

Comment

I have told some people "if you cant grow it or kill it and eat it raw dont eat it" I then usually have to add "no, you can cook it but it should be edible raw" That may not be totally correct but if they have questions we can talk about finer details.

Comment

"hunter-gatherer"

I also like Dr. Jonny Bowden's description:
          "I eat what can be hunted, plucked from a tree, or pulled from the ground."
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
            "I eat what can be hunted, plucked from a tree, or pulled from the ground."

Comment

"Can I make, grow it, or kill it myself? If it's not meat, can it be eaten raw?" I have other rules, but that's the gist I give anyone who asks.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

food with faces, and food with leaves
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by AnneArchy View Post
                  Jack LaLanne~

LaLanne said his two simple rules of nutrition are: "if man made it, don't eat it", and "if it tastes good, spit it out." He often says, "I cannot afford to die, it will ruin my image."

However a lot of Primal stuff tastes VERY good so, the second rule doesn't apply to me so much.
                  Jack Lalanne is my hero. His first rule is the best and one to live by.
                  "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

I have two

"If it had a mother, I will eat it."

"If it had a face, I will eat it."
                    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Meat, green vegetables.

Comment

I also follow the "if you can't read the ingredients, don't eat it" rule but have learned to accept a few additives that have been mentioned here. Also I forgot where I heard it but ,"If it's advertised on TV, magazines..etc don't eat it." Can't remember the last time I saw an ad for broccoli...

Comment

Originally posted by DanC View Post
                          I have told some people "if you cant grow it or kill it and eat it raw dont eat it" I then usually have to add "no, you can cook it but it should be edible raw" That may not be totally correct but if they have questions we can talk about finer details.
                          This is my go to answer also, and it helps people understand why I eat green beans but not black beans.
                          For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

If you lived away from civilization, could you find it?

Comment

so you guys dont eat coconut oil? or processed coconut milk? hehe

how about "i follow a genetically driven diet"? or " i try to stay away from modern miracles of agriculture"

if questions arise... go into specifics
                              We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
                              Current Weight: 224 lb
                              Goal: 190-200 lb
                              Height: 6'-0"

Comment

Working...
                              X