i succumbed...and now i'm paying the price

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i succumbed...and now i'm paying the price

5 months primal... very little cheating (way less than the 20%)... at MOST until now have had *tastes* of candy/sugar something... and that's even rare. then tonight i succumbed to christmas candy. specifically my mom's toffee. i ate a couple of bites... maybe the equivalent of one piece. but it's pure sugar. and now i want to puke. lesson learned.

I eat over 100 grams of sugar a day just from candy binging. It's not that big of a deal.

Comment

SHAME ON YOU ! BAD ! BAD !

You are Grounded for 2 weeks !

No allowance for 4 weeks !

And stand in the corner for 2 hours !

AND . . . . .

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by jkt2 View Post
        5 months primal... very little cheating (way less than the 20%)... at MOST until now have had *tastes* of candy/sugar something... and that's even rare. then tonight i succumbed to christmas candy. specifically my mom's toffee. i ate a couple of bites... maybe the equivalent of one piece. but it's pure sugar. and now i want to puke. lesson learned.
        Right there with ya, I have been cracking out over some of my mom's home cooked holiday treats
        My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

I dunno...after a long time eating primally, I can handle indulgences pretty well. Looking forward to Christmas treats!
          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I fully intend to use my 20% on two occasions during the holidays, if i feel unwell afterwards at least this was planned and them's the consequences...

Comment

I've been planning on using my 20% during the holidays. I enjoy my mom's good home-baked treats! It's a few times a year that I plan to indulge. I've managed to turn down all the work treats, random cookies and candy...I feel like it's going to tasted even better now!

Comment

I know the feeling.

But sometimes it's worth it for just the right holiday treat.
                Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

I eated 7 cookies and a bunch of peanut M&Ms and caught a cold that night. Hrmph.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I can't recommend the recipe blog "Healthy Indulgences" enough. Lots of treats there, maybe not primal but very low carb. The holiday nut bars are incredible.

Comment

Great reccomendation, Egerland! -- Healthy Indulgences Blog

I, too, ate some garbage over the holidays, all within a 36 hour window. Just starting to feel normal again! But totally worth it.

Comment

Whole bar of dark chocolate yesterday, and a handful of Quality Street both days. I'll live.

Comment

I had two little sinful cheesecake bite thingys that my MIL had bought from Sam's Club. Gad! they were gooooood! And then I had to share in one sugar cookie that my kids and I made together. It's the law, ya know!

No guilt whatsoever. And no side-effects either - bonus!

Comment

The bloating, gas and fluid retention...oh well...the gingerbread cookies and piroulines are so damn good.

Comment

I ate one serve of sugary merangue dessert and felt like I'd snorted a line of blow (not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything ). I also had a crashing headache the next day. Sugar is my nemesis.
                              My Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X