You've Come a long way, baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've Come a long way, baby

Had to share my 'you know you're primal when' moment because I never thought I'd be "this girl"...

I literally just did a little Dance while reheating my roast beef to have for lunch because it is so delicious. This coming from the girl who used to only dance for junk food or another cocktail Thank you, PB and this forum!!

What is your recent 'you know you're primal when' moment?

You know your Primal when….

It's a colleague's last day and everyone is surrounding your desk eating double chocolate
    Good-Bye cake and your not. :-)

Comment

My birthday gift to myself will be 1/2 a cow.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        My birthday gift to myself will be 1/2 a cow.
        Love it!

Comment

You spend the hour or so after dinner casually gnawing on the edges of a beef shank bone that had been braised enough to soften it up a little.
          "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
          -J.Stanton

Comment

You know your primal when everyone else questions your eating habits and murmurs that you are going to drop dead of a heart attack. I remember some co-workers laughing at me when I had bacon and eggs for lunch. They said "your heart is a ticking time bomb" while giggling. They walked away with their venti frappaccino's and "health" muffins. (They are both obese) And they think I am crazy the way I eat? Everyone else is crazy with the processed crap they put in their mouths.
            "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

I long for the day when it is socially acceptable to reply to such comments with "have you looked in a mirror today you fat piece of shit?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                I long for the day when it is socially acceptable to reply to such comments with "have you looked in a mirror today you fat piece of shit?"
                yes.

i know i'm primal when on a hike i take the cave passage in hopes of finding a meal.
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I ended up baking treats for co-workers using flour and sugar (I know, it's wrong but it's the holidays and I'm baking). I got more excited about the dry mustard in the grocery bag (instead of the chocolate squares) because I add it to my hard boiled eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                    +1

Comment

When, as a cardiology nurse, you advise your clients to eat less polyunsaturated fats, and grains, instead, eating nonstarchy vegetables, eggs, meat, fruit, olive oil, and (gasp) coconut oil.

Comment

When I got this as my birthday cake:

Comment

Originally posted by chickenbackside View Post
                          When I got this as my birthday cake:

That rocks.
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

...when my entree goes from barnyard to plate in 3 hours or less.
                            Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

been 6 months primal... got home from a long day of work last week and wifey hit me with the message that the doc left on the answering machine - he wants to talk to you about your high cholesterol numbers... HDL 59, LDL 166 trigs 69... (BTW (for fans of griff's thread - these are calculated, so it is most likely better) and she looks you dead in the eyes saying, see... i told you this diet of yours is unhealthy... HAH!

what she didn't realize is that my numbers used to be around 300 total with mediocre ratios! I wish PB helped me have less of a temper. We've made up since then and can now laugh about it... and she may even be starting to believe me... (maybe I'm just hopeful)... but we are still a split household food-wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X