Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineapple...good or bad?

Hello,

I am curious if anyone can speak about pineapple. I know it has alot of great things like vitamin C, bromelain and other good stuff as well as having a nice effect of helping the body rid itself of excess liquids when a person is bloated. But, is it something ot be eating daily? I could eat a whole pineapple per day if I allowed myself.

I kow it is sweet, so alot of fructose, but, it is a whole food....and sooooo good. can it be part of a weight loss program? There are even some magic "pineapple" fasts out there....

Any thoughts?

Eat it once in a while and enjoy thoroughly

Comment

Agreed. It's a nice treat sometimes, like other sugary fruits. I just wouldn't eat it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Feanor78 View Post
        Eat it once in a while and enjoy thoroughly
        This.

I think it was in Weight Watchers thread in this forum that someone copy/pasted a comment from a WW board saying "please tell me I can have bananas, I haven't had a banana in 4 years!" and I was like "what a total tool.... wait... I haven't had a banana in months..." and immediately raced to the nearest banana and almost swallowed it hole. I've never been a big fan, but it was delicious, and it did NOT make me poop like I thought they ALL did (it was probably the grains...)

Moral is: if it's natural and you like it, eat it, if it's not THAT good for you (fructose) don't eat it all the time.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Along with mango, it is definitely one of my favourite fruit to treat myself to. I don't personally include fruit on a regular basis (more than once a month), but if there was a fruit plate in front of me with pineapple on it, I would definitely go for it!

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
          This.

I think it was in Weight Watchers thread in this forum that someone copy/pasted a comment from a WW board saying "please tell me I can have bananas, I haven't had a banana in 4 years!" and I was like "what a total tool.... wait... I haven't had a banana in months..." and immediately raced to the nearest banana and almost swallowed it hole. I've never been a big fan, but it was delicious, and it did NOT make me poop like I thought they ALL did (it was probably the grains...)

Moral is: if it's natural and you like it, eat it, if it's not THAT good for you (fructose) don't eat it all the time.
          I haven't had a banana in longer than I can remember. IDK. I guess I villainize them more that I need to and they never hit the top of the list when I feel like eating fruit. Banana hunt, begins...
          Last edited by lcme; 12-14-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I made bacon-wrapped pineapple chunks for a party over the weekend. Boy they disappeared fast.
            carl's cave

Comment

Yeah I think bananas are not the greatest fruit out there, but when I ate that one (and another one a few days later... oh shit son) I was like "man, I can totally see why those 30 bananas a day idiots can do this..." they're effin' yummy man.

Jawsome banana recipe:

Grab banana, open, cut in slices, throw it in a cup or bowl.
              Grab lime (I'm Hispanic, yellow lemons are for white people) squeeze into container as desired.
              EAT IT YA BUM.

I used to do that as a kid but I'd add white sugar, nowadays a banana is probably sweet enough, but for all the stevia fans out there, go bananas.
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Eat as much pineapple as you'd like, so long as you feel fine doing so. If you want to eat a whole one, go for it, but I wouldn't eat too much fruit for the rest of the day.

Comment

I eat bananas all the time, sometimes I wonder what eating plan you all are on. Pineapple tastes like cheap candy to me though - all sugar and no flavor. To each his / her own.
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I like a few pieces in my salad - I eat it with the celery - they taste great together
                    Odille
                    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

yeah, everything is better wrapped in bacon.

now, i like to use it as a fancy-pants dessert. lol i grill it up with other similars like papaya, mango, etc in some nice browned butter and a bit of ginger. also like to toss some oranges on there (peel and all, sliced into rounds).

then, put it in a bowl nice and hot (i like to make mine into a pile of some sort), and then pour over some coconut cream (which can be chilled and plain or whipped up), coconut shavings, and if i'm really feeling decadent about it, i'll do chocolate shavings and chopped brazil nuts.

oh yeah, that's good.

Comment

Eat the pineapple. Just be sure to have it all cut up and grab only a few pieces! I LOVE pineapple to death and if I grab a piece and leave the container open then I have trouble stopping myself from eating a bunch! Lots of sugar but its full of Vitamin C and other antioxidants.

I enjoy fruit daily but not as much as I did pre primal. I like my veggies more today
                        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                          I eat bananas all the time, sometimes I wonder what eating plan you all are on. Pineapple tastes like cheap candy to me though - all sugar and no flavor. To each his / her own.
                          The one where I have tailored it to my own needs and the one where I have discovered that the stomach aches that often come from fruit are not worth it. To each their own, no?

Comment

Grill it and eat a few pieces with a huge NY strip!

Comment

Pineapple has a lot of manganese in it. (Not good)
                              Next to sour citrus fruits, it's the most acidic thing you can eat.
                              Only one grows on a plant at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X