No announcement yet.

Dark Chocolate-How much do you eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't do anything close to everyday because even the dark chocolate is sweetened with sugars. Maybe a couple times a month? I do, however, use cocoa powder in dishes all the time. It is probably the most underused and versatile seasoning ever.

Comment

2 squares of Green & Black's 85% every night after dinner. This serving size contains 1g of sugar, the only sugar I consume. Very occasionally I will eat 6-8 squares late in the afternoon, which feels like a binge. More than that at one sitting makes me feel ill.

Comment

I ate a whole bar- 100g of 85% green and black for lunch with just some fruit and I felt alert and strong as always as when I eat a piece of meat instead. Is it bad to eat chocolate as a significant chunk of your diet if I don't experience the ill effects many seem to from lots of dark chocolate? I know the sugar is iffy but I sometimes do unsweetened chocolate instead. Would I be hurting my health in the long run if I consumed a whole bar, 100g of chocolate almost every day?
        If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
        I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Comment

One or two bars a week. Usually just eat a whole bar at once, sometimes half now and half later. Always the good stuff, no soy lecithin, dark, sometimes with nuts or other flavor/fruit.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by campanella View Post
            I ate a whole bar- 100g of 85% green and black for lunch with just some fruit and I felt alert and strong as always as when I eat a piece of meat instead. Is it bad to eat chocolate as a significant chunk of your diet if I don't experience the ill effects many seem to from lots of dark chocolate? I know the sugar is iffy but I sometimes do unsweetened chocolate instead. Would I be hurting my health in the long run if I consumed a whole bar, 100g of chocolate almost every day?
            My n=1 is no. And I don't eat completely shitty chocolate either, and half the time I eat unsweetened.
            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

If I eat it, I eat 85% cacao and I try to limit myself to 28g per day (evening), which is about 1 oz. A couple of times I have binged and ate a whole 3 oz bar in one evening, but that hasn't happened for a couple months.

Last week, I bought a bar of 100% dark chocolate. I ate it with coffee, and/or wine after dinner. It was much harder to get down than the 85% stuff I usually get. This week I switched back to the 85% and BOY was it sweeet! Next week, I think I will try 88%.
              Last edited by PBNewby; 01-23-2013, 10:12 PM.
              Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
              Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
              "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
              "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
              "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

Hardly ever.
                I just made some from cacao butter, cacao powder and coconut oil though.
                Added macadamia nuts and raw cashews. Its for my family, but I will prob have the odd piece. Not really fussed on it.

Comment

Jeanne Calment ate chocolate daily

She lived to be 122
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

Old thread, but what the hell. Almost never, unless I'm eating an entire bag of mini chocolate chips... which happens. But I don't think that counts as dark chocolate.

So never.

Comment

I can't remember the last time I ate chocolate. I like it a lot, it's just not something I think of often.

ETA: No, wait, that's not true. About two or three weeks ago, I mixed some cocoa into some sour cream and added some sweetener. But I'm not sure if I was wanting chocolate or something creamy.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

If I can have it, I will eat it. As a snack over nuts - any time.
                        Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                        https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                        MFP Food Diary:
                        http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                        (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Jeanne Calment ate chocolate daily

She lived to be 122
                          That's my main reason for devoting 10% of my weekly grocery budget on it. Good chocolate is terribly expensive, I always try to find it on sale and figure out who sells what the cheapest. Fred Meyer has Green and Black's on sale a lot, for $2.50 a bar. But I generally avoid soy lecithin, so it has to be good stuff. I would just eat more whole cocao nibs, but they cost even more than chocolate.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

20g of Green and Black's 85%, I hope thats not too excessive!

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              That's my main reason for devoting 10% of my weekly grocery budget on it. Good chocolate is terribly expensive, I always try to find it on sale and figure out who sells what the cheapest. Fred Meyer has Green and Black's on sale a lot, for $2.50 a bar. But I generally avoid soy lecithin, so it has to be good stuff. I would just eat more whole cocao nibs, but they cost even more than chocolate.
                              I like the unsweetened and roasted cocoa nibs a lot. Kind of like crack.

I don't eat much chocolate, but if I did, this is my preferred form. But you're right, it's costly.
                              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Until a couple weeks ago I ate about a bar a day. Now I eat 10-20 grams a day
                                well then

Comment

Working...
                                X