No announcement yet.

Dark Chocolate-How much do you eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I eat about 40 grams of Green & Black's 85% dark chocolate a day. Not every day, of course. I could definitely eat an entire bar in one sitting, but I'm not a fan of the way that makes me feel, so I try not to. I'm a chocoholic. :]

Comment

1-2 squares of ghiradelli 85% (or was it 90?). i'm out, so i picked up some G&B 60% with dried cherries. double yum, but i tend to eat a lot of that at a time so i try to stick with the ghiradelli. if only i could find some fair trade chocolate, super dark, that i actually liked. i've tried alter eco blackout and dagoba 87%- both tasted burnt.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Ghirardelli 86% Midnight Reverie. my favorite! I have it like once a month on average, but when I do... I pretty much have no problem taking down the whole bar. What can I say? it's good stuff. Grok would do the same if he had some lying around the cave... lol.
        FitDeck Exercise Playing Cards

Comment

I eat a whole bar of 85% (lindt, ghirardelli, godiva). Probably twice a month.
          "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Originally posted by Zed View Post
            I occasionally buy Green and Black Organic Dar Chocolate Bars (70% and 85%) and eat half the bar (I have to use self control or else I eat the whole thing). Very good!
            Word for word, I'm the exact same. I buy either the 70% or 85% variants, and make a real effort to eat only half the bar. Any more than that and I have some serious jitters and insomnia!

Comment

Zero.
              I can't keep my paws out of it if I have it in the house.
              Which is all the more ridiculous if you consider that I don't even like chocolate.
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Same here... None. I won eat any chocolate. What i do is i ocassionaly crunch on some raw cacao nibs i get from WF.

Comment

I have several bars in my house, but very rarely "crave" sweets....which is why I can also have 2 gallon ziploc bags full of the crappy candy in the pantry (leftover from Halloween) and it not bother me...

Comment

usually just one square of 85% lindt every other day or so. i tried to move up to the 90% lindt, but it was a bit tasteless to me. i love to dunk it in some good hot coffee in the afternoons - i'm a teen librarian, & sometimes those teens just drive me to my chocolate.
                    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
                    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Eating a whole bar of 85% Green and Black in one sitting is something I do 3-4 days per week guilt free. Makes me feel good and no negative affects to mood so far.

I've cut down on the consumption amount lately due to experimenting with ketosis.

Comment

2-3 squares of Green and Black 70% a day, usually right after each of my two meals. It's an awesome dessert and doesn't make me carb binge!

Comment

I've been doing a square or two of Lindt 85% or about the same amount of Green & Blacks most days. I'm amazed at how satisfying that little bit can be, it really keeps my sweet tooth in check.
                          My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

Way, way too much. I eat 4 or 5 bars a week. Recently discovered that Lindt 90% is my fav.

Comment

It takes me about a week to eat a bar of 85%, either Green & Blacks or Blackout. I also have some of the 88% Endangered Species squares and I have about 2 of those a week. I also add cocoa powder to my smoothies or coffee now and then.
                              My Journal
                              sigpic

Comment

I can't really keep it in my house... I tend to get the munchies and then it's suddenly all gone. Lindt 85% is easily downed.

Perhaps I'll get it back into my diet once I get a little better control.

Comment

Working...
                                X