I <3 Tea!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I <3 Tea!

My husband bought a tea pot and some gourmet (for lack of better word) this weekend and we are now addicted to drinking a cups of tea. We got the real dried tea leaves in different mixtures that you steep through a strainer. No more of the grocery store tea bags for us. We even got some of the blossoms that make a flavored tea when you drop them in the hot water.

Is it unhealthy to drink a lot of tea? Neither one of us drinks coffee, never have. I'm not putting sugar in mine, just sweetening with a little bit of unfiltered, raw honey.

I dont think its unhhealty to drink large amounts of tea. Try adding some coconut milk to tea, its great.
    sigpic

Comment

The tea is fine--it's the honey that can be a problem. An easy way to take in waaaaay to much fructose. Drop the honey & use coconut milk or heavy cream.
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I am a huge tea drinker myself; I have become addicted to peppermint tea as of late.
        My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

i drink tea with coconut oil all day at work.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Thanks for the coconut oil and milk suggestion. I've wanted to try coconut milk anyways, so this gives me a reason to buy some!

Had a great blend last night that was a jasmine green tea with dried strawberries and lemons...it steeped together nicely!

Comment

I personally find that too much green tea spins me out . but black tea doesn't seem to have the same effect. Something about the theanine (sp?) content.

Comment

Another quick question....does coconut milk taste like coconut water? I don't like the flavor of the water...

Comment

I'm a pretty big tea drinker. I have a lot of different types: some loose leaf, some store bought (I tear open the teabags and blend them together and then heat 'em like they're loose leaf), some caffeinated, some not. I tend to drink them straight.

They're a great substitute for coffee, especially if you cut out the sweeteners. I can't imagine anything being wrong with drinking copious amounts of tea.
                  "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by spearchick View Post
                    Another quick question....does coconut milk taste like coconut water? I don't like the flavor of the water...
                    No. The consistency can differ between brands. Avoid Thai Kitchen brand.
                    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

My hubby got me in to tea (drinking a nice oolong right now, actually). We keep a variety of loose teas - white, green, oolong, black. But, I also keep some bagged green and chamomile tea as well. It's just easier sometimes...and I can pop some in the travel mug and take it with me. I've been on a chamomile kick lately in the evenings.

Something for your Christmas list: http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BKE82.../dp/B001DYERBK I LOVE ours. It heats water to the perfectly right temp for the type of tea you are brewing.
                      Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I've heard a few times that some tea can act as a dehyrating factor, sort of like coffee, But tea usually is alot healthier.

I think as long as you get enough water from your foods and by drinking it, you should be more than ok!

Comment

YAY FOR TEA! I love tea so, so much. I wouldn't worry too much about the honey so long as you aren't taking in a lot of carbs elsewhere. Maybe lowering the amount until there's nothing can be something to work towards.

My favorite brands are Tazo, Republic of Tea, & Harney & Sons. Be careful, though - you might end up like me with tea in every nook & cranny of your kitchen!
                          And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
                          Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by aboutsaffron View Post
                            Be careful, though - you might end up like me with tea in every nook & cranny of your kitchen!
                            You say that like it's a bad thing......

Comment

haha - only when i don't have room in my cupboards for coconut oil & bacon!
                              And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
                              Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X