Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excess Fat Consumption = Excess Oxidation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess Fat Consumption = Excess Oxidation?

Has anybody considered that copious amounts of fat of any kind may lead to extra oxidation? Just wondering what errybody else has to say about it.

Read more about the different kinds of fat and their relative susceptibility to oxidation. Plenty out there
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

saturates = very stable
      monos = reasonably stable
      polys = very unstable
      "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

Well maybe the question then is this: if more calories are consumed because of excess fat, does this mean you age more?

Comment

Saturated and monounsaturated fats are highly resistant to oxidation. I base my diet on saturated/mono- fats, as much as possible. More fat=less aging. The only bad fats are the omega 6 man made fats/industrial fats.

Comment

If you are on the primal diet you will be limiting those polys that are very unstable so not really an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrolimeade View Post
              Well maybe the question then is this: if more calories are consumed because of excess fat, does this mean you age more?
              gooood point
              Get on my Level
              http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pyrolimeade View Post
                well maybe the question then is this: What the fuck am i talking about?
                ftfy

Comment

Working...
                X