X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low fat diets could increase heart disease risk- Some experts say

It's a step in the right direction...

http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Sci...cial%2BEdition

Not really. They're still saying PUFAs are better than SFAs and that we need to reduce intake of SFAs
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Cutting out saturated fats is a wonderful way to destroy your body's ability to rebuild its arteries and veins, etc. And it would seem to me that intake of unsaturated fats would be a wonderful way providing your body with places to store things it would otherwise get rid of. Perhaps I really don't understand enough about this subject -- in fact, I'm sure I don't -- but I do know that cutting out saturated fats is a really bad idea, and is responsible for a bevy of health problems not just in America, but abroad, too.
      Last edited by Kane Augustus; 12-07-2010, 02:31 PM. Reason: Needed saturated fat
      Kane's Eye View

Primal Kane

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaC View Post
        It's a step in the right direction...

http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Sci...cial%2BEdition

+1. I was so pumped on that title, then I read all the anti-SFA stuff. I still think it's a small step in the right direction though. I don't expect dietitians to embrace all the aspects of Paleo/Primal eating at once.

Comment

Anyone else notice the link for corn protein being used as a gluten substitute?
          Finally, we can eat precious BREAD again!

Comment

Working...
          X