overating while IFing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overating while IFing

i'm having trouble stopping eating on IF days........how do people not overeat or binge?
    by the time it's time to eat i'm so hungry, sometimes i eat like 2000 calories!! like now........ugh.....

What's wrong with eating 2k calories?
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Yeah seriously. 2k is not that bad at all considering most people need around that much a day just to survive. Don't over think it. However, if you feel like you can't even move after eating try to eat slower.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I eat until I just stop feeling ravenous, then drink a big glass of water, then eating something sweet, like a half dozen raisins. Does the trick for me. Make sure you are getting enough fat, to.

Comment

Originally posted by pucca View Post
          i'm having trouble stopping eating on IF days........how do people not overeat or binge?
          by the time it's time to eat i'm so hungry, sometimes i eat like 2000 calories!! like now........ugh.....
          What's wrong with 2,000 calories? I and many others take it on average 2,500-3,000 calories per day. Don't sweat it.

Comment

2k calories might be a problem if you're reaaally small, or if the 2k calories come from ice cream and bagels or something, but that's probably not the case. Just remember to eat slowly - after not eating for a while, the flavours of everything always seem more intense (in my experience), so take advantage of the opportunity by savouring every bite.

Comment

You're probably doing just fine. But even if you are eating only primal foods, I hope you're not gorging on nut butter or cheese.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

It's probably fine for the most part, but I thought that part of this IF thing was trying to just eat a meal's worth of food, and not cramming a whole day's worth of food into the whole meal?

Or is that just Eat, Stop, Eat that says that? I don't know.

Personally I try to stick to the meal's worth thing, but often I don't/can't and end up downing about 2K worth too. When that happens it doesn't cause me too much worry, though.

Comment

2k Not that big a deal, but I always understood that IFing was not a strict discipline but rather something to do when it feels good to do it. eat when your hungry, IF when your not.

Comment

well, 2kcals is a lot for me, i think. i'm 5'3" and about 110 lbs, but gaining fat. i don't know exactly how many kcals i eat, that is just an estimate. could be much more.
                    tonight i ate a huge salad, about 100 g of pickled herring (about 3 oz), some of that cauliflower stuffing, a scoop of whey powder mixed w/ a couple TB of coconut flour & water, a few almonds, a bunch of coconut cream, and then i binged on cashews. i ate a TON of them. just couldn't stop. nuts (esp cashews), raw, organic, grassfed, local cheese, nutbutters, and coconut cream are my binge foods. and sometimes raw organic grassfed local homemade ice cream. not really primal. i think that's why i'm gaining fat! my clothes are getting tighter!!!

i thought IF or ESE was fasting for a period of time and then eating a normal meal. plus, i feel like crap after i eat that much. and isn't it really bad for your digestive system? AND doesn't overeating cause an insulin spike?

Comment

First... I'd get rid of all the foods that aren't straight primal. Don't allow your trigger foods in the house. They're way too easy to binge on. I don't allow nut butters in my house, or cheese, for that exact reason.

If you're finding you're unable to control yourself with food, IFing is probably doing you more harm than good. You may be better off eating regular meals and simply reducing your overall calorie intake a bit. People will argue calories don't matter, but for some of us they do.

What are your goals?

Comment

no cheese????????????? is cheese bad? it's mostly protein and fat, hardly any carbs, right?
                        nuts i can understand - too much omega 6.
                        my goals are to be as strong, healthy, and fit as possible. to have a lot of energy. to get rid of my belly fat. get more muscle. to heal all that ails me, which is a lot. to get rid of my sweet tooth. probably other stuff i'm not thinking of right now.

Comment

no cheese????????????? is cheese bad? it's mostly protein and fat, hardly any carbs, right?
                          Yes, but this is Primal not low carb!
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dairy-intolerance/

You can eat what you want after an IF (PB foods - just clarify that). There is no rule that says you should restrict calories after an IF. I eat tons of food after IF, usually fatty meaty stews.

Comment

2k calories is a lot for a small person (I'm 125 pounds and would be throwing up if I ate 2k calories in one sitting) and eating that much volume will create an insulin spike even if you're not eating many carbs. While I think the concept of IF is good, 16 hours should be max you go. More than that, you actually start seeing negative results.

I second the poster above that said to get rid of trigger foods. I, personally, can't have nuts in my house because I "just can't eat one".

Comment

well, 2kcals is a lot for me, i think. i'm 5'3" and about 110 lbs, but gaining fat. i don't know exactly how many kcals i eat, that is just an estimate. could be much more.
                              tonight i ate a huge salad, about 100 g of pickled herring (about 3 oz), some of that cauliflower stuffing, a scoop of whey powder mixed w/ a couple TB of coconut flour & water, a few almonds, a bunch of coconut cream, and then i binged on cashews. i ate a TON of them. just couldn't stop. nuts (esp cashews), raw, organic, grassfed, local cheese, nutbutters, and coconut cream are my binge foods. and sometimes raw organic grassfed local homemade ice cream. not really primal. i think that's why i'm gaining fat! my clothes are getting tighter!!!

i thought IF or ESE was fasting for a period of time and then eating a normal meal. plus, i feel like crap after i eat that much. and isn't it really bad for your digestive system? AND doesn't overeating cause an insulin spike?
                              Get rid of all that stuff.

IF is not a free pass to eat whatever you want, at ALL.

If you were to have meals like the salad and herring and not the others there's no biological way you'd be gaining fat from it. You're gaining fat from all the other stuff you're eating, especially if you're binging.

IF is supposed to help you learn about what hunger and satiety really are. Also, if you're doing just one meal a day that can be really tough to do if you tend to binge. Try two meals instead. Pick the fasting schedule you feel most comfortable with (this means you have to experiment, one week try one schedule, the next try another)

This is pretty much me for the last couple of months, save a few unsuccessful tries at WArrior dieting (eat once every 24 hours)

One meal at 1pm, another around 6-7pm, a third sometimes as late as 9pm, but that one is optional, meaning if my previous two meals were not satisfying enough or if I feel like I didn't eat the right type of things. Mostly though, I eat twice a day. Any other time I'm fasting, and I don't ever snack. I don't snack because a) I have nothing at home I can snack on and feel good about and b) The more you're used to snacking, the more you're going to snack, the harder it can be to drop fat if that's your goal.

So, I start my fast around 8pm (assuming that's when I digested my 6-7pm meal) and don't eat again until around 1pm when I start to feel hungry. I'm very comfortable with this schedule.

I tried the Warrior Diet just last week, and it SUCKED. I could only keep it up for 3 days because I started feeling pretty weak, it's hard for me to eat a really big meal, and trying to do that was kind of uncomfortable. I find I feel really good with my regular eating/fasting schedule. On the weekends I don't fast, I eat breakfast if I feel like it, but since I spend time with my girlfriend on saturday mornings, and my family on sunday mornings, I end up eating breakfast more often than not. I don't sweat it because I make sure I eat good stuff at every meal.

Get rid of your trigger foods, and developing a fasting schedule that gives you that energy you're looking for. Best of luck.

(also, fasting alone isn't going to make you lose fat, some people don't EVER fast and achieve their goals, what you eat is way more important than when you eat it, I do this because it's extremely convenient to me, not because I'm hoping that constantly fasting will get me the results I need--eat right, don't think fasting longer is the trick)
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X