Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole30 has cured me.

Well, holy hell.

While (mostly) following the blueprint (still drank ale, and indulged in too many PUFA at work, in the way of fried foods) my symptoms (left ankle arthritis, recurring plantar faciitis, irregular bowel habits, and LUQ pain) while largely improved, had still not completely resolved.

On December first, I started the whole30 program. Many of you know what it is, but for those of you who don't the program is one which consists of complete abstinence from all dairy, sugar, grains, legumes, mystery meat, and alcohol.

I am happy to say, that on day six, my symptoms have become completely quiescent.

Yay, me.

Good job! Are you finding it easy not to have alcohol?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Easy enough. I simply don't buy what I drink. We have two bottles of wine in the basement, and 5 bottles of New Glarus Spotted Cow ale by the back door, so I guess i'm doing fine.

Comment

That is exciting and encouraging news, Lojasmo! I guess I've incidentally been doing the Whole30 thing with the exception of alcohol. It does really throw a wrench in the works so that's good encouragement to kick it out the door.
        carl's cave

Comment

I am on Day 3. I'm wondering if anyone has had success with sinus problems by eliminating dairy? Dairy is the hardest thing for me to give up, red wine comes second! But so far so good. I really don't breathe at all thru my left nostril, and I'm sure it affects my sleep and everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by aktres View Post
            I am on Day 3. I'm wondering if anyone has had success with sinus problems by eliminating dairy? Dairy is the hardest thing for me to give up, red wine comes second! But so far so good. I really don't breathe at all thru my left nostril, and I'm sure it affects my sleep and everything else.
            Yes.

Comment

This is really encouraging to me. I found out I'm deficient in some nutrients and really need to get rid of all gut irritants, which whole30 would pretty much do. Thank you for sharing. FWIW, I have much of the issues you listed (except my pain is vague and in all joints, instead of just the ankle). So I'm glad you found that plan helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonPA-S View Post
                This is really encouraging to me. I found out I'm deficient in some nutrients and really need to get rid of all gut irritants, which whole30 would pretty much do. Thank you for sharing. FWIW, I have much of the issues you listed (except my pain is vague and in all joints, instead of just the ankle). So I'm glad you found that plan helpful.

Doooo eeet!

Comment

Congrats, Lojasmo!
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Lojasmo,

I looked up your diet plan. Here it is:
                    http://whole9life.com/2010/05/whole-30-v2/

I don't see any difference between your "Whole 30" and our Paleo Diet.

Grizz

Comment

cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                        Lojasmo,

Grizz
                        We are 90% there, the only difference is eliminating dairy, alcohol, chocolate, and the 20%. I'm trying it because my weight loss has stalled, and I have a few inflammation issues I thought it might help with (sinus, rosacea, periodontal). And I am weak. If I'm allowed dairy, I'll eat half the tub of sour cream. Red wine is generally not just one glass. Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by aktres View Post
                          Definitely had resolution when I gave up standard dairy, but was happy to find that NONE of the symptoms returned when I added back grass-fed ghee and some raw heavy cream and cheese from a local raw milk dairy. I'm not surprised to find that modern dairy seems to be the nightmare, and small amounts of raw grass-fed dairy the total opposite. Also, I found out from my dentist that mouth breathing can lead to extremely sensitive upper gums (which I have) and solving this problem was just another benefit to the Primal Life.

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                          Lojasmo,

Grizz
                          The Whole 30 is a Paleo program. They are former Crossfit people with a good corner of the Paleo market and branded their elimination program "Whole 30."
                          Liz
                          Steve's Original
                          CaveGirlEats

Comment

Is Iced tea considered okay for the whole30?

Comment

Originally posted by hazmat View Post
                              Is Iced tea considered okay for the whole30?
                              without sugar I'd say so. Assuming you're brewing hot tea then pouring it over ice, if you're getting it from a powder then probably not.
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X