Why am i worried?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am i worried?

Why am i worried about starting PB. I mean i dont worry about what i eat at the min nutrionally speaking but since i will be giving up wheat and milk i am getting really worried about, will i be getting enough calcium or carbs,when i know after reading the book i will get pleanty of everything from fruit veg and meat. i spent last hour searching the web looking for different fruit and veg that contain them. sad or what?!!!

Did anyone else get worried before they switched to the PB lifestlye about calories and nutrients.?
    It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Maybe get a good test done beforehand to have something to compare to a few months down the line?

For me it was an easy decision. I looked at the foods that I was eating and the ones I wasn't. Before this I rarely included veg in my diet - now I have loads of it each day. That's got to be a good thing, no? Also, I'm more aware (well, trying to be) of what's in the food I'm eating, I'm learning quite a lot about nutrition.

Comment

You are worried because you don't know enough yet to fully trust this concept. Most of us started out worried.

A good paleo/primal diet contains far more micronutrients than the SAD (yes, including meat and milk).

Calcium is about the only micro that tends to come in low on paleo...but you don't NEED as much because your body is less acidic. As for carbs -- you don't actually need ANY for survival, so don't worry about getting enough. Eat a wide variety of vegetables, and a few fruits if you want, plus plenty of high-quality meats and fats, and you'll be fine.

As for dealing with anxiety, continue to educate yourself re paleo/primal. Read the Eades' Protein Power and Protein Power Lifeplan, Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution, Gary Taubes' Good Calories Bad Calories, etc.
      Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

I think it's natural to be weary of such a change, but I just put some "faith" in the PB and as I started switching my diet to be more "primal" I was (and still am, months later) reading a LOT about primal/paleo principles, ideas, facts, research, etc and with every article (and every bite) my trust in this whole thing grew and grew.

Losing weight, having more energy etc, also helped. I almost feel more inquisitive now than I was before, more curious about more things that may or may not be true just because they've been repeated so often. You'll be fine in all micro and macronutrient departments. Eat up.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I still worry that I'm going to get fat doing this! Bacon and butter and fatty steak? Seems to good to be true. I do it because I love to eat this way, it's like I just closed my eyes and jumped! It's still to early to really know but I'll re-assess in January. It's worked for everyone else right?
          Strong is the new Skinny!

Comment

Originally posted by Izzylu View Post
            I still worry that I'm going to get fat doing this! Bacon and butter and fatty steak? Seems to good to be true. I do it because I love to eat this way, it's like I just closed my eyes and jumped! It's still to early to really know but I'll re-assess in January. It's worked for everyone else right?
            It's crazy, but yeah, you lose fat eating like this. I fought it too, but can't argue with inches lost.
            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

You'll only get fat if you don't decrease carb intake while you increase fat intake.
              Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
                You are worried because you don't know enough yet to fully trust this concept. Most of us started out worried.
                I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. I think i will do what iniQuity did and just start the change whilst i read alot more on the subject. I will re-read and take notes from marks book. I will write what i eat down in a journel for a while seeing if i'm getting enough of everything. Just at the start mind until i stop worrying about it.
                It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich.
                Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

frankly, i eased into it over a couple of months, then started hardcore on jan 1. i just stopped making pasta, then sandwiches, & made more meat + veggies meals. by the time february rolled around, i was perfectly happy & becoming much healthier. it took me about a year to finally switch over - i discovered MDA in early 2009, but it took a lot of research, soul-searching, reading of the success stories to finally convince me to do it. i'm so happy i did!
                  And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
                  Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

I threw myself into it headlong because -- I don't know, maybe I hated my body or something. It's all good now, though!
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Because you've been brainwashed. It takes time to deprogram yourself using the truth to counteract the lies you - and all of us - are being fed by doctors, insurance companies, and other people who have a financial stake in having lots of sick people available. Don't worry. You'll get past it.
                      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Change is scary. A lot of people are just as afraid of succeeding as they are of failing. It's a natural human instinct.

Good luck! Let us know how you do. We are here for you.

Comment

i started out worried too, about cooking with butter and bacon grease. i got past it soon enough with all the 'oh god so good' foods
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

Well if you don't trust it, you shouldn't do it.
                            But it does work and is very healthy. Most of the world never drinks milk or eats bread - why would you think that you "need" it? Asians think they will die without daily rice, but you don't eat rice every day and you don't die.
                            Read more if you feel nervous and unsure. There are lots of great books out there, you probably have already heard of them. I liked Kurt Harris' blog Paleonu when he was writing, you can read his archives.
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

No worries. But I was already not doing wheat cause I figured I had gluten intolerance. Actually, I was doing lots of the blueprint without knowing it. I do drink milk and eat other dairy products. Also, I was lucky enough to hear Mark speak. It just all made sense.
                              Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X